16 team draft strategy - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

16 team draft strategy

Moderator: Football Moderators

16 team draft strategy

Postby acefilleddreams » Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:52 pm

I am new to Fantasy Leagues, but have played the weekly contests on Fantasy Sports Live before. My draft has not happened, but I am having a hard time wrapping my head around
not being able to pick studs from each position.

As I put in my previous post my league has 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 FLEX

I get to pick in spots 16/17, 48/49, 80/81, 112/113, 144/145, 176/177, 208/209, 240/241, 256

I am hoping to leave the first 6 spots with 1QB 3RB 2WR

I think Brees/Gore will end up being my first picks, but kind of lost after that.

What value can I expect to see at 48/49, 80/81?
acefilleddreams
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Re: 16 team draft strategy

Postby bungle613 » Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:03 pm

Try this link, it is a site that hosts thousands of mock drafts and shows you where a player is falling on average.

http://fantasyfootballcalculator.com/adp.php?teams=14

It does not go up to 16 teams but does show 14 team mocks. Brees for example is going 32nd overall. I would look at a Gore/Fitz combo for your round 1 and 2 picks. Then it is the long wait until round 3/4. Been there my man, it sucks but nothing you can really do. Because it is a 16 teamer I would grab a QB at the turn in rounds 3/4 and look for something like Ingram and Romo. With rounds 5/6 fill in your needs and don't get set on a RB here as the value may not be here. The players I like around 80/81 are Eli, Steve Smith (Car), Julio, Tolbert and a few more.

It will all come down to how your draft flows. 12 QB's could be gone by your 3rd round pick. Be flexible and adjust on the fly and get the best players you can with each pick.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Bobbleheadrusty » Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:49 am

Honestly, I would be hard pressed not to go RB/RB at 16/17. There are maybe 22 guys that should get starting points each week, and at 32/33 you shouldnt get a second one. The question you have to ask is if Brees is far enough better the someone from the Bradford-Cutler-Stafford-Cassel camp then say, Forte is from the Rookie-Wells-Benson-Lynch tier.

Hell, in that sort of format I would probably go RB/RB then RB/QB if any starters are left.
Bobbleheadrusty
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby acefilleddreams » Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:13 am

ok so I want to be clear because from other ppl in this league have said brees will be available. I do not pick brees. Should I reach for say Mcfadden/Gore or Forte/Gorealthough during my two mock drafts this morning forte is not making it to the second round.
acefilleddreams
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions