Trade Andre Johnson for #1 Draft Pick? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Trade Andre Johnson for #1 Draft Pick?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Trade Andre Johnson for #1 Draft Pick?

Postby raventroll » Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:20 pm

I've been offered the below in my 12 Team "nomal" scoring Keeper League (Non-PPR). We keep 4 players. I guess the question becomes, is there a solid #1 rookie RB I can draft @ #1 to justify giving up Johnson, & who is that RB? Also, L. Blount RB (TB) is available in our re-draft.

Receive:
Mike Williams (TB)
Pick #1

Send:
Andre Johnson
Pick #11

My potential keepers (*current top 4):
Andre Johnson*
Lesean McCoy*
Vincent Jackson*
Mike Wallace*
Ben J. Green-Ellis
Ryan Grant
Marques Colston
Matt Ryan
Last edited by raventroll on Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
raventroll
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Trade #1 Draft pick for Andre Johnson?

Postby FantasyImpactDude » Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:29 pm

No, there is no one you could take above Andre Johnson. Adrian Peterson, Jamaal Charles, Arian Foster, Ray Rice, LeSean Mccoy, Maurice Jones-Drew, Aaron Rodgers, and Vick are the only people going ahead of him on average, and I'm assuming none of those guys are available. It's not worth it.
Draft September 2nd! Last Year 2nd Place 9-4-1 in regular season
FantasyImpactDude
Water Boy
Water Boy

Re: Trade #1 Draft pick for Andre Johnson?

Postby raventroll » Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:33 pm

FantasyImpactDude wrote:No, there is no one you could take above Andre Johnson. Adrian Peterson, Jamaal Charles, Arian Foster, Ray Rice, LeSean Mccoy, Maurice Jones-Drew, Aaron Rodgers, and Vick are the only people going ahead of him on average, and I'm assuming none of those guys are available. It's not worth it.

Even though Johnson is 30, been injury ridden for a while, and I have a chance to get younger with a potential future star RB? Seems like he might have another two good years at most. I'd like Andre more if he had not had so many injuries. I've had him in this league for 6 years & seems like he's alway injured.
raventroll
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Re: Trade Andre Johnson for #1 Draft Pick?

Postby Xtreme » Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:47 pm

It's virtually impossible to evaluate this trade without knowing who will be available in the draft pool. Would your keepers change if you did or did not make this trade? If not, then I'd suggest waiting until the keepers are submitted before deciding on the trade.
HIR? viewtopic.php?t=507654#p3396000

Beware the Buffalion!
Xtreme
Head Coach
Head Coach

Innovative MemberPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby fuzzeemonkey » Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:07 am

Well if you all keep 4 players then you're basically getting a "5th" round pick for Andre as far as what will be left in the player pool. Who do you believe will be available for your to pick if you were staring at Andre there or XXXX? I would do this trade if I believed I could improve my team overall for the season. You do have two other WR's are good for keepers so you just need to decide what talent will be available to take and are they worth more to you than Andre. I do find it doubtful that this trade makes sense for you though.
fuzzeemonkey
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 3)

Postby raventroll » Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:24 pm

fuzzeemonkey wrote:Well if you all keep 4 players then you're basically getting a "5th" round pick for Andre as far as what will be left in the player pool. Who do you believe will be available for your to pick if you were staring at Andre there or XXXX? I would do this trade if I believed I could improve my team overall for the season. You do have two other WR's are good for keepers so you just need to decide what talent will be available to take and are they worth more to you than Andre. I do find it doubtful that this trade makes sense for you though.

The only reason for doing this trade is to acquire a young starting RB. Again, the rookie class & L. Blount (TB) will be available with the #1 pick. The question becomes, are any of them worth trading AJ's remaining productive years for having them as solid starting (keeper worthy) RB's for the next 6-8 years, considering AJ has had injury issues & I'm also getting M. Williams & his potential future contribution (if I keep him). We have no limit on how long we keep players or any incentive not to keep players.
raventroll
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby fuzzeemonkey » Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:50 pm

raventroll wrote:
fuzzeemonkey wrote:Well if you all keep 4 players then you're basically getting a "5th" round pick for Andre as far as what will be left in the player pool. Who do you believe will be available for your to pick if you were staring at Andre there or XXXX? I would do this trade if I believed I could improve my team overall for the season. You do have two other WR's are good for keepers so you just need to decide what talent will be available to take and are they worth more to you than Andre. I do find it doubtful that this trade makes sense for you though.

The only reason for doing this trade is to acquire a young starting RB. Again, the rookie class & L. Blount (TB) will be available with the #1 pick. The question becomes, are any of them worth trading AJ's remaining productive years for having them as solid starting (keeper worthy) RB's for the next 6-8 years, considering AJ has had injury issues & I'm also getting M. Williams & his potential future contribution (if I keep him). We have no limit on how long we keep players or any incentive not to keep players.

I still don't think it makes much sense. You're talking about trading the perceived #1 WR in fantasy for essentially a 5th round pick and a 2nd year WR. Just draft one of the young RB's with the 1st round pick you already have.
fuzzeemonkey
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby raventroll » Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:38 pm

I still don't think it makes much sense. You're talking about trading the perceived #1 WR in fantasy for essentially a 5th round pick and a 2nd year WR. Just draft one of the young RB's with the 1st round pick you already have.[/quote]

Point of the trade is that there won't be any of the rookie RB's or L. Blount left by my pick @ #11. Does this change your opinion? Essentially, do you think AJ has more than a couple productive fantasy years left in the tank? Will he continue to get injured?
raventroll
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby fuzzeemonkey » Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:50 pm

raventroll wrote:I still don't think it makes much sense. You're talking about trading the perceived #1 WR in fantasy for essentially a 5th round pick and a 2nd year WR. Just draft one of the young RB's with the 1st round pick you already have.

Point of the trade is that there won't be any of the rookie RB's or L. Blount left by my pick @ #11. Does this change your opinion? Essentially, do you think AJ has more than a couple productive fantasy years left in the tank? Will he continue to get injured?[/quote]

I don't have my crystal ball today but I think I've made it clear I don't think this is a wise trade. You're losing way too much value as the trade sits. Andre is the number one rated receiver and you want to trade that away to pray on a rookie becoming a super star instead of keeping the one you have? Shoot, I thought you trade trading round 1 for 11. Pick 1 for pick 11 would be insane of you to accept.
fuzzeemonkey
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions