Rate My Roster! *WhIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

Rate My Roster! *WhIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Rate My Roster! *WhIR

Postby jmacusmc » Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:16 am

Hey guys, rate my post-draft roster, standard format, 10 team.

QB - Matt Ryan
RB - Rashard Mendenhall
RB - Shonn Greene
RB/WR - Santonio Holmes
WR - Roddy White
WR - Mike Wallace
TE - Antonio Gates
D/ST - Bears
K - Josh Brown

Bench:
Daniel Thomas
Hines Ward
Thomas Jones
LaDainian Tomlinson
Matt Cassel
Jacoby Jones

So I think I did fairly well, the only think im not too comfortable with is shonn greene, I had the choice of a fourth round decent RB or TE Gates whom I feel is the best TE in the nfl and a fantasy point harvester. I tried to get a few backup RB's but im not sure of where I stand at RB2

ANy tips?

Thanks!
jmacusmc
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Rate My Roster! *WhIR

Postby Wags » Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:59 am

I think you did great here....solid players all around. I have a good feeling about Greene. All signs point to Greene being the #1 guy with the Jets on a run heavy offense. Sure LT will steal some carries and TDs, but you didn't draft him to be your #1 guy. He's gonna be great for flex.

I can see you waited on QB which is fine. On average, there is only a 2-4 point difference between the #1 QB and the #10 QB each year. You did the right thing on loading up on RB/WR/TE talent. Besides, Ryan could be airing it out quite a bit this year. Plus you'll be getting double points with Roddy in towe. VERY smart move (I did the same thing myself). I love Daniel Thomas. Could have a breakout year.

My only recommendation would be to drop a player (I'd say Hines Ward, don't like him much this season) and pickup an extra TE. I love Gates, and he's a fantasy BEAST, but, there seems to be a lot of mystery around his foot, and he killed me a few weeks last year when he was expected to start and then at the last minute sat out. As a safety net....I think it'd be smart to do that now and not get bottom of the barrell pickings later.

Other than that....GREAT GREAT draft!

Help with mine? viewtopic.php?t=491620
Wags
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 17)

Re: Rate My Roster! *WhIR

Postby latraffic » Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:32 am

Not bad, not bad at all. One thing I'd focus on pre-season -- finding a stronger RB option to use in the Flex spot (or to help with bye weeks as you're a little thin at RB). When you can, adding a 3rd RB to the equation is better than adding a 3rd WR. They just average more points. To do that, consider trading Gates. Maybe package with your rookie RB. I know, Gates has been a beast in years past but I don't feel that trend is going to continue. He's older, damaged and on a team with enough weapons they don't need him as the outlet every play. Either way, good luck. ;-D
Thank God for Football Season.
latraffic
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeCafecasterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Return to Roster Ratings