Is this a fair trade?

Postby Yabbydoo » Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:08 am

Undisclosed Player will be conditionally dropped by Pikachus
Send Rashard Mendenhall, Pit RB from RB to Pikachus
Send Michael Turner, Atl RB from RB to Pikachus
Send Miles Austin, Dal WR from WR to Pikachus
Receive Maurice Jones-Drew, Jac RB from Pikachus to Bench
Receive Ryan Torain, Wsh RB from Pikachus to Bench
I get Drew and Torain...is this a good trade?
Yabbydoo
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 14)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Is this a fair trade?

Postby petedog9 » Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:17 am

You give up Turner / Mendy and Austin for Drew and Torian???

NO WAY!! That guy is raking you over the coals in that deal. I have Mendy and Turner ahead or MJD this year. Torian willbe lucky if he is in a RBBC as Hightower has taken that job at least for now. To top it off, you are giving up Austin??? Why???
petedog9
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Re: Is this a fair trade?

Postby m16a » Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:31 am

petedog9 wrote:You give up Turner / Mendy and Austin for Drew and Torian???

NO WAY!! That guy is raking you over the coals in that deal. I have Mendy and Turner ahead or MJD this year. Torian willbe lucky if he is in a RBBC as Hightower has taken that job at least for now. To top it off, you are giving up Austin??? Why???

Let's break it down for you a bit more. I definitely agree with petedog that this is a TERRIBLE deal. Using the Cafe Rankings, we can take a look at this. I'm basically counting Torain as useless in this deal. He's in a HUGE RBBC with tons of other RBs on a poor offense with little chance. While MJD is ranked 8th according to our rankings, Mendy is actually above him at 7, and Turner not too far behind at 12. If we buy into the assumption that within the first two rounds, each player takes exactly one RB from the top 12 guys (presumably the top 12 would be the "RB1 tier"), that'd make Mendy and Turner both RB1s. MJD would be an RB1 as well. Scroll down a bit to the WRs and you see that Austin is ranked 10th on the Cafe Rankings. Again, since he's in the top 12, we can make an assumption that he'd be a WR1 on someone's team. So, just on a crudely broken down number system, here's the deal you'd be doing.

2 Top 12 RBs/ 2 RB1s and a top 12 WR/ WR1 for ONE Top 12 RB/ RB1

If you look at it like that, it's a no brainer. And honestly, even though MJD has a higher ceiling than Turner or Mendy, he's got a much larger drop, lower floor. Mendy and Turner are lower ceiling, higher floor. Fairly consistent and you know what you're getting. I'll take that tandem, and the quite strong Austin over a potentially strong guy with question marks any day. Good luck. ;-D
Props to Deluxe for the sig
There is nothing more frightening than ignorance in action.
- Goethe
m16a

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions