McFadden or Steven Jackson - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

McFadden or Steven Jackson

Moderator: Football Moderators

McFadden or Steven Jackson

Postby ultraexpress » Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:39 am

Okay guys, I am torn on this one. I have to decide who to keep out of these two. I am going to pair one of them up with Hakeem Nicks, Larry Fitzgerald and Lesean McCoy. Which one would you keep?

The scoring is standard 6pts for TD and 1 pt for 10 yards rushing or receiving. Only difference is it's a Point per reception league.

Which would you keep? I'm thinking McFadden because of upside and Jackson is on decline.
ultraexpress
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: McFadden or Steven Jackson

Postby Chicago 2 » Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:48 am

You answered your own question, McFadden.

Like you said McFadden has a ton more upside and Jackson is on the decline, in the long run keeping run DMC will pay out.
Chicago 2
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 56)

Postby latraffic » Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:53 am

A vote for McFadden. It's a higher-risk, higher reward situation absolutely, but I think the Raiders will be more explosive this year than previous while SJAX and the Rams are going to continue to slog along.
Thank God for Football Season.
latraffic
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeCafecasterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby LSUby50 » Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:06 pm

McFadden. SJax's wheels are going to fall off at some point and you dont want to have him when it happens.

RBs dont gradually decline like WRs and Qbs, its usually a sudden dropoff like Shaun alexander, Rudi Johnson, Brian Westbrook to name a few from recent memory.
LSUby50
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 59)

Postby Cuffs » Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:59 pm

McFadden, but grab Michael Bush in a later round for insurance. If McFadden goes down and Bush gets 18+ carries, he's a legit RB2.
Cuffs
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 35)

Postby dblj9911 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:15 am

Well if, and a BIG if, McF is healthy he is a top back. He does have some big problems facing him. First he has a new coaching staff, a re-tooled o-line and not a ton of offensive talent around him. So teams could stack the box and force them to pass. I may go with SJax, he should be fresher down the strech also with added rb depth. I'd go with SJax here. Good luck.

viewtopic.php?t=491732
dblj9911
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 75)

Postby nmielnik » Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:06 am

What is the penalty for keeping each guy? Assuming all things are equal, McFadden would really be the obvious choice.

Best Case Scenario:
McFadden plays the whole season and continues his momentum from last year: Top-5 RB
SJax plays the whole season and doesn't loose a step: Top-10 RB

Worst Case Scenario:
McFadden misses 3 or 4 games and Bush takes some TD's (Similar to last year): Top 15-RB
SJax goes the way of Sean Alexander, Clinton Portis, Edgerrin James, etc: Top 30-RB (and not even on your team by year end).

FF is all about maximizing you chances to win, considering both Best and Worst case scenarios are better for McFadden, since the reality will be somewhere inbetween, it's more likely McFadden gives you the better season.

Of course, this is assuming both guys cost the same to keep. I have to decide whether to keep McFadden for a 6th Round Pick, or Miles Austin for a 12th Round Pick....ughhhh
nmielnik
Monday Morning Quarterback

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions