Better RB Sleeper? Ridley, Harrison, or Hunter - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Better RB Sleeper? Ridley, Harrison, or Hunter

Moderator: Football Moderators

Better RB Sleeper? Ridley, Harrison, or Hunter

Postby TrentCanDoIt » Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:48 pm

I was leaning towards Harrison due to Best not being durable and elite but Ridley had a heck of a debut and was used in catching the ball. Not sure which to go with. I think Hunter will not get enough touches. Help!

I already have Charles, Forte, Lynch, and Beanie but wanted to get a sleeper.
TrentCanDoIt
Water Boy
Water Boy


Posts: 93
Joined: 15 Sep 2009
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Better RB Sleeper? Ridley, Harrison, or Hunter

Postby Cuffs » Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:57 pm

Harrison. Best has had injury issues going back to the college days at Cal. Without Leshoure, and who knows what happened to Kevin Smith, Harrison has a real shot. And Harrison blew the F up in Cleveland two years ago.

I've been fooled too many times by good preseason production, so no to Ridley.. And on a good day, Ridley is still a NE back, with all the others (BJGE, Woodhead, Morris, the other rookie, etc.)
Cuffs
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Response Team
Posts: 354
(Past Year: 35)
Joined: 31 Aug 2010
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Better RB Sleeper? Ridley, Harrison, or Hunter

Postby TrentCanDoIt » Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:08 am

Cuffs wrote:Harrison. Best has had injury issues going back to the college days at Cal. Without Leshoure, and who knows what happened to Kevin Smith, Harrison has a real shot. And Harrison blew the F up in Cleveland two years ago.

I've been fooled too many times by good preseason production, so no to Ridley.. And on a good day, Ridley is still a NE back, with all the others (BJGE, Woodhead, Morris, the other rookie, etc.)


Thanks! Ya the Pats have like 90 RBs lol
TrentCanDoIt
Water Boy
Water Boy


Posts: 93
Joined: 15 Sep 2009
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Better RB Sleeper? Ridley, Harrison, or Hunter

Postby bungle613 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:25 am

Is Ryan Williams available? I would take him since you have Beanie.

I would then take Vereen who should be available and Harrison is not a bad option but I think Best will be fine. That is just a hunch though.
Image
Image
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 10988
(Past Year: 2)
Joined: 31 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: straight ahead, hang a left, look down

Re: Better RB Sleeper? Ridley, Harrison, or Hunter

Postby dblj9911 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:11 am

Well your talking about a deep sleeper here and with your top 3 rb's they most likely won't play for your team. But out of them I would say Harrison has a decent shot, but Ridley could do well. I'm guessing that Ridley will get more looks next year for NE, Bill doesn't trust his rookies. I'd keep a close eye on Harrison, but not sure many of these players will do much. Good luck.

viewtopic.php?t=491732
dblj9911
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
Posts: 4338
(Past Year: 75)
Joined: 2 Nov 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Rochester

Re: Better RB Sleeper? Ridley, Harrison, or Hunter

Postby squirly8 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:08 am

Is Javon Ringer available ?
CJ missing regular season time looks like a real possibility...
QB- Tannehill, Weeden, Vick, Henne
RB- A Foster, A Morris, McGahee, Jackson, B Wells, P Thomas, J Rodgers
WR- Cobb, R White, Austin, D Baldwin (Sea)
TE- Witten, Bennett
K- Tucker
DEF- SF Ind

Dynasty/16 teams H2H PLAY; 1 QB, 2 RB'S, 3 WR'S, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 D
squirly8
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

User avatar

Posts: 794
Joined: 24 Jun 2007
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Better RB Sleeper? Ridley, Harrison, or Hunter

Postby TrentCanDoIt » Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:21 am

squirly8 wrote:Is Javon Ringer available ?
CJ missing regular season time looks like a real possibility...


Ringer, Jacquizz, Hunter, Harrison, Forsett, Ridley are the best of rb's left. I just like the chances that Ridley may be the goal line back in ne
TrentCanDoIt
Water Boy
Water Boy


Posts: 93
Joined: 15 Sep 2009
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Better RB Sleeper? Ridley, Harrison, or Hunter

Postby dream_017 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:38 am

Harrison has a good chance of not being the back-up. If healthy Maurice Morris will be the back-up in Detroit. Harrison and Bell were brough in for some added pre-season depth(possibly regular season). Morris has a hand injury but is expected to return for the regular season.
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 15301
(Past Year: 60)
Joined: 3 Aug 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Ford Field: Section - 132; Row - 19; Seat - 11

Re: Better RB Sleeper? Ridley, Harrison, or Hunter

Postby TrentCanDoIt » Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:02 am

dream_017 wrote:Harrison has a good chance of not being the back-up. If healthy Maurice Morris will be the back-up in Detroit. Harrison and Bell were brough in for some added pre-season depth(possibly regular season). Morris has a hand injury but is expected to return for the regular season.


So I decided on Ridley. I don't see Ringer starting as I think CJ gets his deal. If Harrison is named the backup, I'll drop Ridley for him. But right now i'll roll with ridley I doubt I ever use him anyway!
TrentCanDoIt
Water Boy
Water Boy


Posts: 93
Joined: 15 Sep 2009
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Better RB Sleeper? Ridley, Harrison, or Hunter

Postby Indibuck » Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:21 am

TrentCanDoIt wrote:
dream_017 wrote:Harrison has a good chance of not being the back-up. If healthy Maurice Morris will be the back-up in Detroit. Harrison and Bell were brough in for some added pre-season depth(possibly regular season). Morris has a hand injury but is expected to return for the regular season.


So I decided on Ridley. I don't see Ringer starting as I think CJ gets his deal. If Harrison is named the backup, I'll drop Ridley for him. But right now i'll roll with ridley I doubt I ever use him anyway!


I like Hunter as your sleeper better... but you picked my 2nd choice. If Ridley can show skills in pass protection, he very well could earn some carries, especially in short yardage/goal line looks. In that NE offense, that gives him big upside.

I think Ridley's a longer shot to hit than Hunter... assuming he beats out Dixon, he has a shot to earn a few starts this year, albeit in an inferior offense.
Indibuck
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 4455
(Past Year: 227)
Joined: 8 Aug 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Fort Rain


Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot] and 2 guests

cron
Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 9:06 hours
(and 54 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact