Rate my roster 1 - 10, what do you guys think? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

Rate my roster 1 - 10, what do you guys think?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Rate my roster 1 - 10, what do you guys think?

Postby fpustorino » Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:44 am

Hey guys, I drafted last night and am pretty happy with my team. I had the 9th pick in a ten team league. I know i went a bit rb heavy but other guys slacked on rbs so i figure i could alway use one as bait. The parentheses next to the player is the round i got them in. Thanks and appreciate it.

QB - Eli Manning (7)
RB - Rashard Mendenhall (1)
RB - Michael Turner (2)
RB/WR - Ahmad Bradshaw (4)
WR - Hakeem Nicks (3)
WR Chad Ochocinco (8)
TE - Jermichael Finley (6)
D/ST - Atlanta Falcons (15)
K - Adam Vinatieri (16)

BE - Shonn Greene (5)
BE - Mike Tolbert (9)
BE - James Jones (10)
BE - Mike Thomas (11)
BE - Michael Bush (12)
BE - Rashad Jennings (13)
BE - Jacoby Ford (14)
fpustorino
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Rate my roster 1 - 10, what do you guys think?

Postby mikesmith1022 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:13 am

If possible I would try to use your RB depth to trade for a better quarterback, I just personally hate Eli as a fantasy QB. Other than that your team looks great and I love Jermichael Finley.
mikesmith1022
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby LMack » Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:50 am

Is this a PPR league? I'm assuming standard scoring but I figure I'd just make sure.

Having too many running backs is never a problem. You could possibly move one of Michael Turner, Ahmad Bradshaw, and Shonn Greene for an upgrade at either QB or WR. Don't rush to make a move however, as your roster is decently squared away. A couple weeks into the season your fellow owners will likely realize that starting WRs who catch 4 balls a game in their flex spot really drags down their total score. You should be able to get decent value for one of your backs. If Ochocinco doesn't pan out in New England and Mike Thomas doesn't break out like many have projected, you will be able to patch up your WRs. If Eli continues to be a low end QB1, you can upgrade there. If Michael Turner shows signs of slowing down early in the year, you can actually hold on to your backs and recover nicely from losing your second round pick. The options are seemingly endless :-b

Good luck in 2011.
LMack
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 32)

Postby pony13ca » Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:11 pm

Good Squad!! I am not the biggest fan of Eli in fantasy, but if he is not doing well you could package him and one of your backs for a better QB. If he does well then I think you have a good year!!

viewtopic.php?t=491755
pony13ca
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 19)

Postby B3N1ZJAM1N » Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:41 pm

LMack wrote:Is this a PPR league? I'm assuming standard scoring but I figure I'd just make sure.

Having too many running backs is never a problem. You could possibly move one of Michael Turner, Ahmad Bradshaw, and Shonn Greene for an upgrade at either QB or WR. Don't rush to make a move however, as your roster is decently squared away. A couple weeks into the season your fellow owners will likely realize that starting WRs who catch 4 balls a game in their flex spot really drags down their total score. You should be able to get decent value for one of your backs. If Ochocinco doesn't pan out in New England and Mike Thomas doesn't break out like many have projected, you will be able to patch up your WRs. If Eli continues to be a low end QB1, you can upgrade there. If Michael Turner shows signs of slowing down early in the year, you can actually hold on to your backs and recover nicely from losing your second round pick. The options are seemingly endless :-b

Good luck in 2011.

This is the point I have been trying to get across to a lot people. Whether the trade advice is good or not, it doesn't matter. The key to what was said here is what I underlined...you have a lot of options. Thats what fantasy football is about for the most part...having a solid starting team and lots of depth...so you can have lots of options. You have room to improve your starting lineup, but the good news is you have depth to do so. When you take lots of RB's other positions will suffer...its obvious. But you have lots of depth in the position that to me is the most important...so you will have that golden ticket you can cash in all season because I guarantee someone got left out. Drafting lots of RB's opens up the trade market because people find out that WR's are somewhat spastic. Good job man
B3N1ZJAM1N
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter

Return to Roster Ratings