My Squad, What additions/substractions should I make - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

My Squad, What additions/substractions should I make

Moderator: Football Moderators

My Squad, What additions/substractions should I make

Postby Hurst88 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:20 am

Ok fellas here is my lineup, what do you guys think? I'm thinking I should drop Brown but I don't know of anyone else to pick up.

Tony Romo
Maurice Jones Drew
Darren McFadden
Marshawn Lynch
Anquan Boldin
Pierre Garcon
Jason Witten
Patriots D
Stephen Gostkowski

Bench:
Chad Ochocinco
Roy Williams
Matthew Stafford
Jacoby Ford
Derrick Mason
Donald Brown
Todd Heap
Hurst88
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: My Squad, What additions/substractions should I make

Postby LMack » Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:37 am

Welcome to the Cafe!

First, a couple questions. How many teams are in this league? What are the roster settings? PPR or standard scoring?

You lack a true WR1. However, you do have some solid upside options. Boldin will be able to play the middle of the field more with Derrick Mason gone. Garcon's value hinges a lot on Manning's health. Garcon will likely be inconsistent, because he is the 4th option on a pass first offense. I could see both of those players replaced by Roy Williams and Chad Ochocinco by mid-season though depending on what happens. Both players could rejuvenate their careers with their new teams in 2011.

MJD and McFadden are both injuries risks but they have crazy talent. If the two both play 16 games in 2011, these two will be able to anchor your team. Lynch is often overlooked but he is a hard runner and has the starting running back job in Seattle.

As far as QBs and TEs go you have a low end elite option at both. That is very solid.

Good luck in 2011, and if you answer those questions as the beginning of my post it will help me answer a little more clearly. I assume a 12 team league with standard scoring.
LMack
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 32)

Postby Hurst88 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:54 am

Thanks for the reply! Its a 12 man league, standard scoring, 1 QB, 2 RB, 1 RB/WR, 2 WR, 1 DEF, 1 Kicker. Hope this helps! And I agree, I'd like a solid WR. Just not sure who to offer up.
Hurst88
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby LMack » Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:09 pm

Hurst88 wrote:Thanks for the reply! Its a 12 man league, standard scoring, 1 QB, 2 RB, 1 RB/WR, 2 WR, 1 DEF, 1 Kicker. Hope this helps! And I agree, I'd like a solid WR. Just not sure who to offer up.

At this point in the season I don't think you necessarily need to trade for a WR. While you don't have a true number 1, you have several upside WR2 and WR3s. If those guys start outperforming their ADP then you are fine at wide receiver. All things considered, I'd rather be strong at running back than at wide receiver in standard leagues.
LMack
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 32)

Return to Roster Ratings