12 team money league. Am I in ok shape? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

12 team money league. Am I in ok shape?

Moderator: Football Moderators

12 team money league. Am I in ok shape?

Postby thevyshow » Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:12 am

Starters:
Qb: Tom Brady
Rb: ray rice, Joseph addai, jstew
Wr: desean Jackson, Brandon Lloyd
Te: Jason Witten
Def: lions
K: rob bironas

Bench:
Jay cutler
Mike Thomas
Malcolm Floyd
Ladanian Tomlinson
Ricky Williams(handcuff)

Thank you for your help, and I will return the favor.
thevyshow
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: 12 team money league. Am I in ok shape?

Postby LMack » Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:43 am

Is this a PPR league? What are the roster settings? 2 RB 3 WR? 2 RB 1 Flex 2 WR?

Your RB2 and RB3 are a bit weak behind Ray Rice, but Rice should be able to make up that difference. He is a consistent and dynamic runner, and even though Williams replaced McGahee I see him outperforming his 2010.

While I don't consider DJax a true WR1 in a 12 team league, he will likely be solid again in 2011. His reception totals will remain low but he is a play maker and should be able to break off some long scores. Brandon Lloyd is underrated. Most people were labeling him a bust when Tim Tebow was presumed the starter in Denver. Well, Kyle Orton is back under center for the Broncos again this season and Lloyd won't completely disappear. I do expect some regression, but he won't be a complete non-factor like many are suggesting.

Tom Brady and Jason Witten are both elite level options, which is nice to round out a roster. You lack a bit of depth at WR and RB but it isn't a huge problem.

Your team should be competitive in 2011. Good luck ;-D
LMack
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 32)

Postby thevyshow » Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:51 am

Thanks for the reply. No it's not a ppr league. Scoring settings are standard except for 5 extra points for 50+ yard tds.

Starting roster is 1 qb 2 rb 2 wr 1 flex 1 def 1 te and 1 k
thevyshow
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby pony13ca » Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:05 pm

I think you are going to need some help at RB! I don't expect that the Colts running game is going to put up big numbers to begin with, and there will be a time share on top of that. Other than that I think you are good to go.
pony13ca
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 19)

Postby B3N1ZJAM1N » Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:46 pm

My only advice, as minute as it is, is to play matchups with your defenses instead of just carrying one. I think the lions are highly overrated this year just because of a few draft picks they have gotten recently. If you want to stick with the lions for a while and see thats completely understandable..I'm just a matchup kinda guy. And this again is purely my opinion and you should only do if you can find someone good in FA or the WW, drop williams. Don't worry about holding on to a handcuff, let someone else waste that spot while you hold on to someone you think might breakout
B3N1ZJAM1N
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter

Return to Roster Ratings