12 Team PPR with 1 Keeper. What do you think? WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

12 Team PPR with 1 Keeper. What do you think? WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

12 Team PPR with 1 Keeper. What do you think? WHIR

Postby pony13ca » Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:57 am

Keeper: A.Foster RB1
1: F.Gore RB2
2: M.Vick QB1
3: M.Austin WR1
4: B.Marshall WR2
5: D.Thomas RB4
6: R.Grant RB3
7: S.Bradford QB2
8: B.Edwards WR3
9: K. Winslow TE1
10: M.Floyd WR4
11: V.Young Handcuff for Vick
12: D.Ward Handcuff for Foster
13: Giants Def
14: A.Henry K
By the time the draft got down to round 11 there was almost nothing left, I thought it might be a good idea to handcuff Vick, and I always handcuff my RB1.
pony13ca
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 19)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: 12 Team PPR with 1 Keeper. What do you think? WHIR

Postby LMack » Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:25 pm

This team is a solid for a 12 team PPR league.

Arian Foster, Frank Gore, and Daniel Thomas makes for 3 solid RB plays. I don't expect Reggie Bush to have a huge impact in Miami, but if he does Thomas will atleast get some reps towards the goal line and on first and second down.

Miles Austin is a low end WR1 but I consider Brandon Marshall as a relatively high WR2. Those two compliment each other nice for decent value in your first two wide receiver slots. I don't love Braylon Edwards in San Francisco with Alex Smith, but new head coach Jim Harbaugh could improve that situation. Edwards has a chance to emerge with the 49ers, especially with Michael Crabtree missing significant time due to his foot injury.

Having three quarterbacks is a decent plan when Michael Vick is your starter and Matt Stafford is your backup. Tons of upside there but definitely significant injury risk.

Also, I would handcuff Arian Foster with Ben Tate. The Texans are decently high on Ben Tate, despite his injury troubles. If Foster were to go down, I'd have to imagine that the Texans would take the opportunity to phase in their young gun. Ward is 30 while Tate is just 22. I'm not sure how much Derrick Ward has left in the tank.

Good luck in 2011 ;-D
LMack
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 32)

Re: 12 Team PPR with 1 Keeper. What do you think? WHIR

Postby Cubsfan2803 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:17 pm

Vick, Gore, and Foster you are pretty set. I think that you are weakest at TE and could perhaps look for someone with a bit more upside? Its good that you grabbed Vince young, that was a necessity with Vick as your QB.

help?
viewtopic.php?t=491735
Cubsfan2803
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Return to Roster Ratings