Rank my auction team please! (Am I too shallow at RB?) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

Rank my auction team please! (Am I too shallow at RB?)

Moderator: Football Moderators

Rank my auction team please! (Am I too shallow at RB?)

Postby footballstevo75 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:05 pm

Do you guys think I should try to get a better #2 RB? The league is a .5PPR and you get 1 point for every 20 receiving yards or rushing yards the rest is pretty standard. We had a $100 salary, I think I did OK? Charles was a keeper from last year.

Starter spots are: 1QB, 2RB, 3 WR/TE, 1K, 1D

EDIT- It's also a 12 team league.

Aaron Rodgers QB $25
Fred Jackson RB $9
Jamaal Charles RB $13
Calvin Johnson WR $24
Mario Manningham WR $13
Jermichael Finley TE $7
Rob Bironas K $1
Atlanta Falcons Def/ST $1
Jerome Harrison RB $1
Bernard Scott RB $1
Montario Hardesty RB $1
Shane Vereen RB $1
James Jones WR $1
Jordan Shipley WR $1
Greg Little WR $1
footballstevo75
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Rank my auction team please! (Am I too shallow at RB?)

Postby LMack » Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:26 pm

Welcome to the Cafe!

Fred Jackson is underrated. Head coach Chan Gailey has been backing Fred Jackson all off season. Even with all the hype for CJ Spiller, Jackson should be able to net around 250 touches this year. The Bills offense isn't terribly strong, but I expect Jackson to eat up decent yardage between the twenties and throw in occasional scores. For a 12 team league, Jackson is a fine RB2. Charles as your number 1 makes it even better. You took a decent amount of fliers with your RBs between Hardesty, Vereen, Harrison, and Scott. A few injuries to starters and you have another low end RB2.

Calvin Johnson, Mario Manningham, and JerMichael Finley fills up your WR/TE slots well and Aaron Rodgers is of course a top quarterback.

Your team should be competitive. Good luck in 2011 ;-D
LMack
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 32)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby WaCougMBS » Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:30 pm

LMack wrote:Welcome to the Cafe!

Fred Jackson is underrated. Head coach Chan Gailey has been backing Fred Jackson all off season. Even with all the hype for CJ Spiller, Jackson should be able to net around 250 touches this year. The Bills offense isn't terribly strong, but I expect Jackson to eat up decent yardage between the twenties and throw in occasional scores. For a 12 team league, Jackson is a fine RB2. Charles as your number 1 makes it even better. You took a decent amount of fliers with your RBs between Hardesty, Vereen, Harrison, and Scott. A few injuries to starters and you have another low end RB2.

Calvin Johnson, Mario Manningham, and JerMichael Finley fills up your WR/TE slots well and Aaron Rodgers is of course a top quarterback.

Your team should be competitive. Good luck in 2011 ;-D

Agreed, pretty much across the board. I really like your top guy at every position, and you filled in nicely with Jackson and Manningham as your other non-$1 guys. You have some nice fliers/upside guys for $1 each and didn't spend over the minimum on K or D, so it's a squad I can get behind - I like your chances for a playoff spot; after that, it's anyone's game ;-D
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby shappy » Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:24 pm

I think Jackson should be fine for you, the rest of your team is strong. I'm not a HUGE fan of Jamaal Charles, but I am definitely in the minority there. I don't know if he can repeat the type of numbers he had last year, especially with that HUGE yard per carry, but if he can increase his number of carries a bit that wont matter. He had 230 last year, and i'd imagine he gets a bit more this year, as its his third year being the main back there.

Help me out: viewtopic.php?t=491572
shappy
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Roster Ratings