My 2011 Roster. PPR League. Please Rate and WHIR! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

My 2011 Roster. PPR League. Please Rate and WHIR!

Moderator: Football Moderators

My 2011 Roster. PPR League. Please Rate and WHIR!

Postby Strained Oblique » Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:53 pm

Please let me know your thoughts! I am in a Point Per Reception League and Had the 6th overall pick in a snake draft. 10 team league. Bonus Points to RB's who go over 125 yards and WR's who top 125. I have them by position that I drafted them and the number in parenthesis is the overall pick number. Please let me know and I will rate in return.

QB- Schaub (75)
RB- LeSean McCoy (15)
RB- Matt Forte (26)
RB- Ryan Matthews (55)
WR- Andre Johnson (6)
WR- Vincient Jackson (35)
WR- Wes Welker (46)
TE- Brandon Pettigrew (135)
FLEX- Mario Manningham (66)
K- Neil Rackers (166)
DEF- New England (155)

Bench- Matthew Stafford (86)
Bench- Brandon Jacobs (95)
Bench- Beanie Wells (106)
Bench- Pierre Thomas (146)
Bench- Danny Amendola (115)
Bench- Mike Williams- Seattle WR (126)
Bench- Greg Little (175)
Strained Oblique
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: My 2011 Roster. PPR League. Please Rate and WHIR!

Postby shappy » Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:22 pm

Your team is actually very similar to mine. I have both McCoy and Mathews. I think Matthews has a really good chance of being a good surprise this year. He was great over the last 4 weeks of last year, plus Norv Turner always helps to produce pretty good running backs. Tolbert is obviously a little bit to worry about, but I think Matthews will prove to be the workhorse.

Your starters are really good, but your WR lack dept after the drop off from Welker. Since you start so many players if you have any type of injury, your team could be in some trouble. I don't have any specific players to target or try and trade for, just trying to point out some things I noticed.

Help me out: viewtopic.php?t=491572
shappy
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Riverboat Gambler » Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:14 pm

Mccoy at 15th in a ppr is an absolute steal.. I have pretty much never not seen him in the top 7. Forte also went much later then I am used to seeing in ppr format (I think he is early 2nd round material). I like your roster and I think if Mathews can produce like so many are hoping that he will you also have 3 excellent running backs. Good luck this season!
Riverboat Gambler
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Strained Oblique » Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:01 pm

I really didn't feel my WR depth was too bad with Amendola and Mike Williams basically being my 5th and 6th guys? Manningham is a sleeper and I love his value as much as anyone. I am more worried about RB depth than anything.

I put a trade offer in to a guy where I would give up Pettigrew and Beanie Wells for Jimmy Graham and Thomas (Miami RB).
Strained Oblique
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby ampant » Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:32 am

QB- Schaub (75) :-) If he stays healthy he's probably a top 5-10 qb
RB- LeSean McCoy (15) ;-D ;-D What a steal for PPR. He's probably top 3 and easily top 5 for RBs
RB- Matt Forte (26) ;-D ;-D Great #2 for PPR
RB- Ryan Matthews (55) :-? Not bad for a #3, but I would probably take somebody proven with this high of a pick.
WR- Andre Johnson (6) ;-D ;-D
WR- Vincient Jackson (35) ;-D ;-D
WR- Wes Welker (46) ;-D ;-D Phenomenal starting WR corps
TE- Brandon Pettigrew (135) ;-) Servicable TE who should net you regular 5-10 point games, with a few biggers ones sprinkled in
FLEX- Mario Manningham (66) - ;-D Great flex player
K- Neil Rackers (166) - meh . . . kicker
DEF- New England (155) ;-D I think they are going to be pretty damned solid this year.

Bench- Matthew Stafford (86) ;-D Good backup. Hopefully he stays healthy
Bench- Brandon Jacobs (95) :-? Not sure if I love Jacobs. unless Bradshaw goes down, he's kind of like one of those little doughnut spare tires
Bench- Beanie Wells (106) ;-D
Bench- Pierre Thomas (146) :-? flyer pick. Not bad for where you took him. Obviously has proven value if he gets the starter job
Bench- Danny Amendola (115) ;-D I think Amendola is going to catch a lot of balls.
Bench- Mike Williams- Seattle WR (126) :-? SEA QB situation sucks, and I don't know how Sydney Rice's arrival will change things, but not a bad bet here.
Bench- Greg Little (175)[/quote] :-? Flyer pick.

Overall your team looks real strong. Good depth and great starters. I might consider dropping Greg Little and picking up the Ram's TE Lance Kendrick. Kid has looked great in camp and preseason, and the Rams snagged him in the 2nd round. Josh McDaniels also schemes for a lot of TE usage, and almost half of all the TDs tha Bradford thre last year were to TEs.

Good job.

Would love some help here.

viewtopic.php?f=44&t=491730&p=3319863#p3319863
It's time to put down the crack-pipe and step away from the keyboard.
ampant
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 16)

Postby Strained Oblique » Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:44 am

I just made a trade in our league that I think will help boost my RB corp a tad bit.

I GET: Ray Rice and Daniel Thomas
I TRADED AWAY: Matt Forte and Beanie Wells.

Good trade to booster RB's?

How about my WRs? There isn't much at all on the Waiver Wire/Free Agent list for WR's. Perhaps trade a RB for a WR? When I say trade a RB, I am thinking along the lines of Pierre Thomas or Brandon Jacobs and look to get a WR3 if lucky. Perhaps if I partnered up Pettigrew and his bloated numbers with Shaun Hill at QB from last year?
Strained Oblique
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby donald17 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:28 am

You did great and that trade does help, I'd stand pat with what you have right now.

Help?
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=491856
donald17
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 5)

Postby B3N1ZJAM1N » Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:51 am

How in the world did McCoy fall to the 2nd round? He shouldn't have made it to your 1st round pick. Well congrats on taking advantage of some guys haha...
B3N1ZJAM1N
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter

Return to Roster Ratings