Dynasty Trade/Draft Input Needed - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Dynasty Trade/Draft Input Needed

Moderator: Football Moderators

Dynasty Trade/Draft Input Needed

Postby ksinghas » Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:45 am

Standard scoring NON PPR 12 team dynasty league
Heres my current roster
QB- Matt Ryan Josh Freeman
RB- L McCoy K Moreno Torrain
WR- Andre Johnson V Jackson Dez Bryant Kenny Britt
TE- Cooley Pettigrew
K Matt Bryant
Def- Packers Patriots

A guy offered me Jonathan Stewart for Kenny Britt and my 3rd rd pk (34th overall) in our upcoming rookie /free agent draft. Is this a fair trade?

I have the following picks in the first 3 rds of our draft
1st 2nd 10th 14th 22nd and 34th
If I make the Stewart trade, Id look at going Ingram with the first then AJ Green with the second overall and look for another rb late in the first (Vereen Carter Helo or Murray).
If I dont make the Stewart trade Id probly go Ingram and Ryan Williams with my one two and look for little baldwin or hankerson for the 10th.

Any thoughts? i know there is alot of info there. Just wanted to know if the trade helps me and then which way I should plan to go in the draft.

I think Stewart and Britt are fairly equal and both have alot of potential in the next few years. Our rookie draft is always RBs early and often since it is a NON PPR league. I wont be getting much in the third rd other than maybe a rookie te/qb or a player dropped off another team that could be a deep sleeper. Im leaning towards keeping Britt and my pick and going RB RB WR with my first 3 pks.
ksinghas
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Dynasty Trade/Draft Input Needed

Postby bungle613 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:55 am

I thought I had a handle on the Carolina RB situation until they signed DWill for multiple years. Now I am baffled with what they will do. I believe Stewart is a very talented, NFL calibre back but when will he really get his chance. Will they franchise him? Will they deal him after this year? I just don't know.

I think the deal is fair but he may be a long stash. So that is the downside... now the upside. With the #1 and #2 picks I think your best 2 picks are Ingram and Green. This makes Britt expendable.

I would rather have Stewart, Ingram and Green then Britt, Ingram and Williams.

So, sorry for the roundabout logic but I would take the deal.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby ksinghas » Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:09 pm

I feel that Stewart should be somewhere different next year. But who knows for sure. Any other input? Thanks for the response! Hoping I can make the deal before he changes his mind.
ksinghas
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Venom » Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:17 pm

bungle613 wrote:
I would rather have Stewart, Ingram and Green then Britt, Ingram and Williams.

I second this. Stewart still has value even though D-Will was resigned. He will get his carries, and then when injuries strike he will be money.

I'd do this deal.
Venom
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 47)

Postby DemonDeacon » Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:34 pm

I also 2nd that. Britt has a hugh upside but is a huge liability to himself. I like Locker but is he the franchise? RBs can be good with out great QBs and I like Greenes upside more than Britts in the years to come. Id make this trade and target Ingram and Green just like you said and be happy with it. I honestly might even target Julio Jones over Green just because of situation.
Eastmont League 10-3 (2nd Seed)
Wenatchee League 9-4 (2nd Seed)
Urine Trouble League 6-7 (6th seed boooya!!!)
DemonDeacon
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 16)

Postby moshlaner » Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:58 pm

I would keep Britt. Stewart can't seem to stay healthy and even on a different team will most likely share time. Britt has the potential to be a top 10 WR stud now and for years.
moshlaner
Monday Morning Quarterback

Postby ksinghas » Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:45 am

He just changed the offer to Stewart for britt and my 22nd pk? Said he needs a 2nd rd pk and britt. I still would have the 14th pk overall as well as my 3 in the first.
ksinghas
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions