8th PICK? thoughts - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

8th PICK? thoughts

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: 8th PICK? thoughts

Postby hookem1414 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:56 am

Based on how I think my league will play I out.. I think Lesean McCoy and Mendenhall will be available at 8. I also know for a fact that Turner will NOT be available on the way back around at 17.

From what I have read, it sounds like some of you think Turner isnt a reach at 8 when deciding him or Mendenhall. Does that still apply if McCoy is available?

My main plan at this point is to go 1) McCoy/Mendenhall/Turner then 2)Tom Brady or DMC or Blount if available. I would also take one of the top WR's if they fall but I doubt they will. Some of you already said to take Blount over Brady I think... however I just dont see myself doing that.

My 3rd pick is looking to be either DeAngelo Williams, Desean Jackson or Ryan Matthews. Who out of those 3 do you think is a better choice? Or is there someone different I should be going for?
hookem1414
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Postby murphysxm » Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:30 pm

prophecy135 wrote:
TheBull wrote:SJAX career is headed in the wrong direction. Same old Gore, injuries and NO QB=bad results. Bradshaw is losing carries. Your logic doesn't make sense

I dont see your point with SJax, for your scoring system he might not be a great fit, but he WILL get into the endzone, he may not get the yards he's gotten in the past with McDaniels there, but if they're inside the 10 I'd bet he's getting the ball..

Same old Gore? Gore averages 1100+ yards rushing, 7 TD's, close to 400 yards recieving and at least a TD there too. Yeah thats pretty bad.. I can see how the TD's are not as high as probably what Blount will get, but that extra points from recieving are bonus' Blount cant offer. As for injuries, last year was the ONLY year in his career he's missed more then 3 games. No QB typically means he's getting the ball MORE, and he's put up those numbers with the same QB's or worse every year.

Bradshaw losing carries? to who? Jacobs? I'm not sure how you can say that after 1 preseason game. If you're looking at the end of last year, you're comparing a banged up Bradshaw to a perfectly healthy Bradshaw. He was in a time share last year as well and still put up great numbers (1200+ yards and 8 TD's) and he had 7 TD's the year before.

If you like Blount take him, but you asked everyone for their opinion and we all gave it to you, you can't argue that OUR opinion is wrong. Everyone has their own draft and everyone will draft differently, we're just saying that WE would prefer others over Blount, and I specificially would prefer others to Blount due to the fact that he doesnt catch the ball out of the back field and I prefer to have more dimensional players who offer more then just rushing yards.

If you're worried about injuries with Bradshaw and Gore, I dont see why you're looking at McFadden who seems to get injured every year. At 8 you might as well go with Turner if he's available, and the n grab Blount in the 2nd, two very similar backs and will work well in you're scoring system.

well said
murphysxm

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 212)

Postby Da'Markus Russell » Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:46 pm

6 points for all TD's? In this case, it's gotta be Rodgers or Vick. An elite QB could win you games on their own, so i see no reason to not grab the best of the bunch (Rodgers benefits more from this than Vick btw)

If neither are available, that means either Rice or Mccoy probably fell to you and I would use that to your advantage ;-D
Da'Markus Russell
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 3)

Postby prophecy135 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:16 pm

I agree with the above, I probably would steer clear of Vick though as the 6 for passing td's brings Vick's value down. The original poster seemed like he wanted to go rb/rb though
prophecy135
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 206)

Previous

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions