PPR 1st round - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

PPR 1st round

Moderator: Football Moderators

PPR 1st round

Postby prophecy135 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:31 pm

Just wondering what everyone's opinion is on McCoy and Rice in a PPR format, I'm thinking one or both these guys may be available anywhere in the first round in my 12 man ppr league, so who would you draft and why? I know this is splitting hairs, but give me your opinions anyway please!

leave a link and Ill help
prophecy135
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 206)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: PPR 1st round

Postby dream_017 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:51 am

I have Rice as my #2 RB so I'm not sure he will be available anywhere in the first. McCoy is rated lower but still top 5 for me and will be a mid round pick(and could go higher as a number of people like him this year).
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 58)

Postby prophecy135 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:05 am

I have Rice #2 and McCoy right behind him. The reason I say I think one or both will be available wherever I draft in the first is my league does very little research and we're drafting on Yahoo where McCoy is #11 overall for standard scoring. I know one guy will definetly take Rodgers in the first round and I believe people will reach on players like Vick, AJ, and DMC well ahead of McCoy. If I'm unlucky, like I seem to be when I get draft positions, (I typically get the area that I want least) I should be able to at least still grab McCoy who I think is an absolute steal if I can nab him at the end of the first round.

would anyone take McCoy over AD in a PPR format?
prophecy135
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 206)

Postby LSUby50 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:57 am

i love rice and mccoy in ppr, but doubt i would take either over AP. If your league doesnt appreciate the ppr concept, id try to trade down in the first and up in the 2nd and see if you could get both. Or try to work a trade or 2 before the season starts. Other guys they will undervalue are Welker, Witten, and Wayne. Their values take a huge jump in ppr leagues.
LSUby50
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 73)

Postby B3N1ZJAM1N » Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:08 pm

McCoy will be a beast In regular formats, but even better in PPR. Shady catches passes left and right, if you can get him on your team, do it
B3N1ZJAM1N
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter

Postby fuzzeemonkey » Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:22 pm

prophecy135 wrote:Just wondering what everyone's opinion is on McCoy and Rice in a PPR format, I'm thinking one or both these guys may be available anywhere in the first round in my 12 man ppr league, so who would you draft and why? I know this is splitting hairs, but give me your opinions anyway please!

leave a link and Ill help

I'm a big fan of McCoy but if you're staring at both of these guys being available on your turn I believe Rice has the upside this year. I think he'll catch a similar amount up balls and his TD will be a big boost this year with McGahee gone. Should Rice be gone pick McCoy with no fear imo.
fuzzeemonkey
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 3)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions