Calvin, White, or Nicks... And I guess Fitz? WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Calvin, White, or Nicks... And I guess Fitz? WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Calvin, White, or Nicks? WHIR

Postby Those About To Rock » Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:54 pm

saemick wrote:
Those About To Rock wrote:I have my top 4 as

AJ
Calvin
Fitz
White

5th has more people than Nicks that are worth mentioning, and I think those 4 stand out in a class all their own.

Wow, I'm kind of surprised that you have Fitz ranked above White? And I'd be kinda curious on your thoughts on Nicks & why you don't have him in your top 5.

While I'm not sure how good the Cardinals are going to be overall, Kolb is a QB who can put the ball in the vicinity of Fitz, and Fitz is the kind of WR who can bring down anything. If you look at the rest of that offense, you can see that Fitz is going to be the key, and I think he's going to remind you of what he did a couple seasons ago. White, on the other hand, is a great WR on an offense with too many weapons. Julio is going to take some action (and some double coverage, I know). Turner is still an amazing back, and Gonzalez is a great catching TE. While he's great, and he will do well, there are more opportunities for people to take his fantasy limelight.

All that said, if I had to settle for White over Fitz in a league I wouldn't lose two minutes of sleep over it.

As for the issue with Nicks, I think he's overrated. I think he has to play the Eagles DBs twice a year and has a bye week, and that is like 3 weeks without him on your team. Oh, and they get to play Jets in week 16 (playoffs season) with Revis Island. All that said, I think he happens to be a good WR starting for a great QB. If you want to be an elite WR in this league (Calvin, AJ, Fitz, White...) you really need need to be a great WR on your own and make magic happen with good and great QBs alike. This is the same reason someone like Reggie Wayne isn't on this list. If they still had a Marvin Harrison in Indianapolis...
Those About To Rock
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby fuzzeemonkey » Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:19 pm

Those About To Rock wrote:
saemick wrote:

While I'm not sure how good the Cardinals are going to be overall, Kolb is a QB who can put the ball in the vicinity of Fitz, and Fitz is the kind of WR who can bring down anything. If you look at the rest of that offense, you can see that Fitz is going to be the key, and I think he's going to remind you of what he did a couple seasons ago. White, on the other hand, is a great WR on an offense with too many weapons. Julio is going to take some action (and some double coverage, I know). Turner is still an amazing back, and Gonzalez is a great catching TE. While he's great, and he will do well, there are more opportunities for people to take his fantasy limelight.

All that said, if I had to settle for White over Fitz in a league I wouldn't lose two minutes of sleep over it.

As for the issue with Nicks, I think he's overrated. I think he has to play the Eagles DBs twice a year and has a bye week, and that is like 3 weeks without him on your team. Oh, and they get to play Jets in week 16 (playoffs season) with Revis Island. All that said, I think he happens to be a good WR starting for a great QB. If you want to be an elite WR in this league (Calvin, AJ, Fitz, White...) you really need need to be a great WR on your own and make magic happen with good and great QBs alike. This is the same reason someone like Reggie Wayne isn't on this list. If they still had a Marvin Harrison in Indianapolis...

Uhh, the Colts don't play the Jets 2x so why would he not be on the list? Marvin Harrison was no doubt fantastic..let see..he had 8 seasons over 1k receiving (wayne = 7 so far) he had 4 season over 100 receptions (wayne = 3 so far) he does averages more TD than wayne by about 4/season which is significant. Wayne isn't far of the pace of Harrison and has shown extreme consistency and less injuries than most of the folks being discussed. Sure he's gonna hit a wall someday, but until he actually does you'd be wise not to underestimate him.
fuzzeemonkey
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 3)

Postby Shark1225 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:43 pm

AJ
Calvin
Fitz
White

5th has more people than Nicks that are worth mentioning, and I think those 4 stand out in a class all their own.

This. And I would still put Wayne up in that next group too just below the 4 above.
QB: BREES, Cutler
RB: TURNER, MCGAHEE, R. JENNINGS, Leshoure, D. Williams, Hillman, Hunter, Dwyer
WR: CRUZ, GARCON, Amendola, Edwards, D. Baldwin
TE: GRAHAM
Shark1225
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 20)

Postby djadrock » Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:48 pm

Can't go wrong with Calvin or White.

I would go White though. I see Det. with more weapons. White has never missed a game. He is solid!

I am a huge Megatron fan though. If you go with excitement I wouldn't blame you.

HELP: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=491921
djadrock
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 7)

Calvin, White, or Nicks? WHIR

Postby saemick » Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:33 pm

Ok, so I'm thinking that if Megatron falls, he's my main target followed by White. After that it seems to get a little muddy from the responses here.

Assuming both Megatron & White are gone, should I target:

Fitz
Nicks
Best RB available (noting that I already have Foster)
saemick
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 1)

Postby Fancycash34 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:02 pm

Of the 3 that you have listed...

1. White
2. Calvin
3. Nicks
Fancycash34
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby TheSox04 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:15 pm

Calvin
Roddy
Nicks
TheSox04
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 4)

Calvin, White, or Nicks... And I guess Fitz? WHIR

Postby saemick » Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:37 pm

Fancycash34 wrote:Of the 3 that you have listed...

1. White
2. Calvin
3. Nicks

What about Fitz? Above or below Nicks?
saemick
General Manager
General Manager

Re: Calvin, White, or Nicks... And I guess Fitz? WHIR

Postby djadrock » Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:30 pm

That was my keeper choice.

I kept Fitz over Nicks.

Although, depending on who the best available RB is......must be an RB that can get 10 TDs and 1,000+ yards like these guys will.
djadrock
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Re: Calvin, White, or Nicks... And I guess Fitz? WHIR

Postby saemick » Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:14 pm

djadrock wrote:That was my keeper choice.

I kept Fitz over Nicks.

Although, depending on who the best available RB is......must be an RB that can get 10 TDs and 1,000+ yards like these guys will.

The only RB's I can see falling to me at the 14th pick would be the following:

Turner
Gore
MJD
SJax
Mendy

And all of these guys have question marks with them...
saemick
General Manager
General Manager

Previous

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions