10 Man Mock Draft (Strategy @ Picking Vick at #2) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

10 Man Mock Draft (Strategy @ Picking Vick at #2)

Moderator: Football Moderators

10 Man Mock Draft (Strategy @ Picking Vick at #2)

Postby StephanP89 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:40 am

So, out of the three leagues I'm in, with the drafts I'm #16 out of 16 teams, and #2 out of 10 teams. The other league is still being finalized.

No chance of getting Vick in the 16 team league, but I could definitely get him in the 10 team league....I'm just worried grabbing him at #2 in the first round might be a huge waste of a pick....but I gotta have him. There's no chance I could get him in round 2.

I gotta get a sound strategy down for picking him and going past that...

...is there any kind of sound strategy in going QB>WR>WR for your first 3 picks at #2? It seems like McFadden & Steven Jackson are the big names left at RB by the time it makes it back to me.

Here's a mock 10 man draft I did with taking that strategy. Standard league, with 1 flex.:

QBs:
Michael Vick

WRs:
Vincent Jackson
Hakeem Nicks
Lee Evans
Danny Amendola
Jacoby Ford
Mike Sims-Walker
Steve Smith (Eagles)

RBs:
LaGarrett Blount
Shonne Greene
Mark Ingram
Tim Hightower
Rashad Jennings

TE:
Dallas Clark

K:
Alex Henrey

DEFENSE:
Philadelphia

------
How did I do?
StephanP89
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: 10 Man Mock Draft (Strategy @ Picking Vick at #2)

Postby B3N1ZJAM1N » Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:02 pm

Honestly man if you want him this bad, just take him. Personally I wouldn't and won't touch a QB anywhere near that early, especially with all the risk that goes with Vick. But if you think Vick is poised for a huge season, then pull the trigger on him at 2. If you don't and he scores 500 points this season, you may go postal. Going with strategy is great and all if youre like that, I am so I don't mind passing up on my favorite players if the value isn't there, but at some point you just gotta go with your gut and take a guy because you like him and think he will be a beast.
B3N1ZJAM1N
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Roster Ratings