Mike Williams (TB) or Knowshon Moreno in PPR? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Mike Williams (TB) or Knowshon Moreno in PPR?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Mike Williams (TB) or Knowshon Moreno in PPR?

Postby JC.89 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:36 am

Assuming you're staring each player in the face and positional need is irrelevant, which player do you take in a 1.0 PPR league?
JC.89
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Mike Williams (TB) or Knowshon Moreno in PPR?

Postby prophecy135 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:39 am

I like Mike Williams Tampa over Moreno, they're pretty close, but Tampa is a much better offense then Denver, and I like Freeman as a QB better then Orton/Tebow. I think Mike is going earlier in drafts then Moreno so he might be harder to get due to the great year he had last year.
prophecy135
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 206)

Postby cope09 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:04 am

Definitely Mike Williams, he's WR#1 where as Moreno is still part of a rotation that now includes McGahee.

Lil' help:
viewtopic.php?t=491869
cope09
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 29)

Postby murphysxm » Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:21 am

When there are two players that are so close to each other, I always go RB. I think the McGahee talk is somewhat irrelevant. John Fox runs the ball more than any coach in the league and McGahee simply can't hold up to consistent carries. Will he grab some vulture TD's, yes. Rice was still pretty valuable last year with McGahee doing the same.....

I view Williams as a Wr#2 that got a fluky high TD total last year that will come down slightly.

This is a personal preference question. Rotoworld ironically has them ranked #44 and 45 in their PPR rankings.....
murphysxm

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 212)

Postby prophecy135 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:59 am

Moreno is not Rice.. I pretty much agree with you though, I typically will take a RB over a WR if its close, but at the same time, I think Mike Williams is a better play then Moreno. Moreno actually lost weight over the year when he probably should have bulked up, he hasnt been that durable in the past. I agree that Fox will run alot, but Moreno isnt running with the first team in goalline drills right now. I know its a small sample size and we'll be better able to tell after the 2nd preseason game, but McGahee was in during the first drive in week 1.

I agree that Williams TD total will come down, but I think his catches and yards will be good enough this year to where it doesn't effect his points much.
prophecy135
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 206)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions