Jackson vs Wayne vs Miles vs Bowe vs Jackson vs Williams - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Jackson vs Wayne vs Miles vs Bowe vs Jackson vs Williams

Moderator: Football Moderators

Jackson vs Wayne vs Miles vs Bowe vs Jackson vs Williams

Postby Lickitysplit131 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:30 am

Simple question. I have the 2nd pick and am going am targeting 2 WRs in my 2nd and 3rd pick.

I am deciding between Wayne, Miles, Bowe, Vincent Jackson, DeSean Jackson and Mike Williams.

Now of course, not all will be available where I am at. Right now, i have it ranked

VJax
Miles
Wayne
Bowe
Desean
Williams

Basically, I have VJax as an automatic pick if hes there, I am mostly debating who is number 2. I feel like Miles, Wayne, Bowe and even Desean I would like their. Miles first with the return of Romo, and Wayne because of his consistency is next. I like Bowe, but Im scared of the KC offense a bit...

Whats your take on these guys?

Discuss.
The Fantasy King!
Lickitysplit131
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Jackson vs Wayne vs Miles vs Bowe vs Jackson vs Williams

Postby LSUby50 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:03 pm

i rank them:
VJax-top 10 wr and i think will be undervalued in drafts.
Wayne-still has Peyton throwing to him, and more healthy colts will help. Had a solid year last season but it went unnoticed.
desean-high scoring offense. top 10 wr as well. You could rank him over Wayne.
(dropoff)
Miles-Will improve with Romo, but i think Dez will start to cut into his catches
Bowe-TD numbers were fluky last year, i predict a regression.
(dropoff)
Williams-a cut below these other guys.
LSUby50
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 59)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby fuzzeemonkey » Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:25 pm

Lickitysplit131 wrote:Simple question. I have the 2nd pick and am going am targeting 2 WRs in my 2nd and 3rd pick.

I am deciding between Wayne, Miles, Bowe, Vincent Jackson, DeSean Jackson and Mike Williams.

Now of course, not all will be available where I am at. Right now, i have it ranked

VJax
Miles
Wayne
Bowe
Desean
Williams

Basically, I have VJax as an automatic pick if hes there, I am mostly debating who is number 2. I feel like Miles, Wayne, Bowe and even Desean I would like their. Miles first with the return of Romo, and Wayne because of his consistency is next. I like Bowe, but Im scared of the KC offense a bit...

Whats your take on these guys?

Discuss.

Is this a PPR league? Anyhow I don't know how Wayne isn't at the top of your list. Since Vjax is at the top though, Wayne is hands down the next WR you should be targeting. Atfter that Miles, Desean, Williams, Bowe.
Last edited by fuzzeemonkey on Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fuzzeemonkey
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 3)

Postby markulous » Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:44 pm

I'm sure I'm in the minority but I'd roll with VJax and Austin. VJax has looked great and should produce big numbers this year. And Austin is a WR1 anytime Romo is on the field. I'm big on both guys this year.

Wayne could very well be a WR1 again. I just would rather get Collie a few rounds later. And at 32 he's gotta slow down at some point.

Bowe is lazy and inconsistent. No thanks. Unless he falls to the 5th round or later, I wouldn't even think about drafting him.

I'm not big on DJax as a WR1. He disappears a lot.

Mike Williams should be a good WR2. I wouldn't take him in the 2nd or 3rd round. His TDs will likely come down.
markulous
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby DemonDeacon » Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:13 pm

I'd probably roll VJax and Austin or Wayne. Personally I have DJax ranked ahead of both Austin and Wayne but matching up 2 Boom or Bust players is friggin scary. Adding a little consistancy to your WR2 at the cost of a little explosiveness would probably be the smarter way to go

Here are my rankings regardless

VJax
DJax
Austin
Wayne
Williams
Bowe (on my do not draft list even tho I had him last year)
Eastmont League 10-3 (2nd Seed)
Wenatchee League 9-4 (2nd Seed)
Urine Trouble League 6-7 (6th seed boooya!!!)
DemonDeacon
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 16)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions