Need RB advice - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Need RB advice

Moderator: Football Moderators

Need RB advice

Postby Pitfan2782 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:47 pm

12-Team PPR league, 6pts all TDs. 12th pick. Snake Draft.

It's the 3rd round, and I have no RBs on my squad. I'm going RB/RB here, and these players are still on the board: Jahvid Best, Shonne Green, Felix Jones, and Knowshon Moreno. Which two do you draft, and why?
Pitfan2782
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Need RB advice

Postby jpool10550 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:51 pm

I would go w greene for sure, he will get the most touches on that run first offense. the other 3 to me or pretty close.
jpool10550
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby DemonDeacon » Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:57 pm

Id prob take Greene with at least one of them. The other 3 are up in the air. I'd probably lean a little towards Moreno tho. He did good things in PPR at the end of last year and is now in a run first offense
Eastmont League 10-3 (2nd Seed)
Wenatchee League 9-4 (2nd Seed)
Urine Trouble League 6-7 (6th seed boooya!!!)
DemonDeacon
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 16)

Postby Venom » Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:01 pm

I'd go Greene first thing for sure, and then who knows. By the time you pick again the landscape will surely be different.
Venom
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 47)

Postby LSUby50 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:03 pm

I like to use average draft position to help with these situations becasue sometimes players will fall to you later. Greene for sure, workhorse back on a good team. Best has the higher ADP of the remaining 3 but i dont know about his offense. I think id take Moreno from the other 3 but its a toss up. With Fox calling the plays it could be a very run heavy offense. Felix will get his first chance to carry the load in Dallas so could break out as well. i have them all very close on my board. You also might be able to steal Felix in the 5th. His average draft position is #53.

Average draft positions according to my sources:
Greene: #32
Best #39
Moreno #41
Felix #53
LSUby50
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 59)

Postby TheSox04 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:30 pm

I would say Greene & then either Best or Jones.

I'm not touching Moreno until Denver figures out there QB situation. If Tebow starts teams will stack the box. I know Fox has a good rep for running (ie Williams & Stewart) but Moreno hasn't shown me much. Granted Best & Jones have had injury problems but I feel they've shown me more of their potential.
TheSox04
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 4)

Postby markulous » Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:41 pm

I'd roll with Best and Felix. Because of their offenses both of those guys have the highest ceiling in PPR. Neither have a ton of competition either.

Greene might be alright but he's not going to be in on 3rd downs and he's just a guy. Plus LT is right there(who's having a pretty good camp). It could be another hot hand situation.

I'm avoiding Moreno personally. McGahee is there and not only will he take goal line/short yardage but he could eat some of the early downs too. Their O-line is questionable and with their defense it's likely going to be another situation where they are going to get run over and the offense won't be on the field long and will abandon the run.
markulous
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions