New2Fantasy - 12 team, 5th pick, IDP - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

New2Fantasy - 12 team, 5th pick, IDP

Moderator: Football Moderators

New2Fantasy - 12 team, 5th pick, IDP

Postby Obscurity » Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:22 pm

Greetings all! This is my first year doing fantasy football. After searching around, it appears this is a very active forum for fantasy football.

I am hoping to get some feedback on how I did in the auction draft my league held last week. I may be holding too many defensive guys on the bench, and I am a little concerned about my WR, etc, just let me know your thoughts.

My Team:

QB: Michael Vick
RB: Darren McFadden
RB: Peyton Hillis
WR: Mike Williams (TB)
WR: Santana Moss
TE: Vernon Davis
W/T: Plaxico Burress
W/R: Marshawn Lynch
K: Garrett Hartley
D: Patrick Willis
D: Stephen Tulloch
DB: Eric Berry
DL: Julius Peppers
LB: Paul Posluszny

Bench:

TE: Kellen Winslow
RB: Daniel Thomas
RB: Ricky Williams
WR: Jonathan Baldwin
DL: Justin Smith
LB: Aldon Smith

Feedback would be very much appreciated.
Obscurity
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Re: New2Fantasy - 12 team, 5th pick, IDP

Postby LMack » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:54 pm

Welcome to the Cafe!

Your team has a lot of potential, and as you'll often times find that potential can come with risk. With that being said, your team has the makeup to be competitive.

I agree that WR is your weakest position. Mike Williams is a low end WR1, and Santana Moss isn't a spectacular WR2. I'm worried about Plaxico Burress filling your flex slot, as well. Plaxico is a 34 year old wide receiver on a run first team. What WRs are available on your waiver wire? I doubt you will find someone who you are able to plug in right away to replace Burress, but I would look to roster a WR with a lot of upside who may break out.

Your have four solid RBs. Darren McFadden, Peyton Hillis, Marshawn Lynch, and Daniel Thomas should be able to keep your RB and RB/WR slots filled well. McFadden does come with an injury risk, but he is explosive enough to be a top 5 running back this year. There are some concerns about Hillis' workload, but he is just 25 years old. Even with his physical running style I don't think he is burnt out just yet. Lynch and Thomas are both slotted in to get a good share of carries in 2011.

I'm not too well versed in IDP, but it looks like you have several strong options. Patrick Willis is THE best player in IDP, so it can't hurt to have him on your roster. Willis, Tulloch, and Posluzny are all top 10 LBs who should be able to rack up solid numbers. Eric Berry is an elite DB option, and Peppers is a borderline top 5 DL. As far as I can tell, your defense is very solid.

You could use a little work at WR, but your team should be competitive. Good luck in 2011 ;-D
LMack
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 32)

Re: New2Fantasy - 12 team, 5th pick, IDP

Postby Obscurity » Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:37 pm

LMack wrote:Welcome to the Cafe!

Your team has a lot of potential, and as you'll often times find that potential can come with risk. With that being said, your team has the makeup to be competitive.

I agree that WR is your weakest position. Mike Williams is a low end WR1, and Santana Moss isn't a spectacular WR2. I'm worried about Plaxico Burress filling your flex slot, as well. Plaxico is a 34 year old wide receiver on a run first team. What WRs are available on your waiver wire? I doubt you will find someone who you are able to plug in right away to replace Burress, but I would look to roster a WR with a lot of upside who may break out.

Your have four solid RBs. Darren McFadden, Peyton Hillis, Marshawn Lynch, and Daniel Thomas should be able to keep your RB and RB/WR slots filled well. McFadden does come with an injury risk, but he is explosive enough to be a top 5 running back this year. There are some concerns about Hillis' workload, but he is just 25 years old. Even with his physical running style I don't think he is burnt out just yet. Lynch and Thomas are both slotted in to get a good share of carries in 2011.

I'm not too well versed in IDP, but it looks like you have several strong options. Patrick Willis is THE best player in IDP, so it can't hurt to have him on your roster. Willis, Tulloch, and Posluzny are all top 10 LBs who should be able to rack up solid numbers. Eric Berry is an elite DB option, and Peppers is a borderline top 5 DL. As far as I can tell, your defense is very solid.

You could use a little work at WR, but your team should be competitive. Good luck in 2011 ;-D

Thank you very much for the feedback.

I went ahead and made some changes to try and get some WR that have upside or may break out like you suggested. I went and picked up Darrius Heyward-Bay, Mohamed Massaquoi, and Brandon Gibson. I think I will hang onto them for a few weeks hoping something happens. I dropped Justin Smith, Aldon Smith, & Jonathan Baldwin (moron rookie fighting with teammates and not getting along with coaches).

As far as Burress goes, hopefully that works out, but who knows.

Anyway, I appreciate the feedback. :-)
Obscurity
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Return to Roster Ratings