Custom Hosting Site with rookies as a position - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Custom Hosting Site with rookies as a position

Moderator: Football Moderators

Custom Hosting Site with rookies as a position

Postby mahocraf » Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:00 pm

We have a league that has rookies as a separate position and some strange scoring rules. Does anyone know of any hosting sites that have the ability to separate rookies as a position and group all together with custom scoring rules? In previous years, we have used custom scripting on a local server using a sql database but that option may no longer be available. Looking to move to a hosting site.

Thanks

mark
mahocraf
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Custom Hosting Site with rookies as a position

Postby Dan Lambskin » Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:21 am

if any site can do it it would be myfantasyleague.com

i dont see a direct way to have a rookie position, but what you could do is add a position your league doesnt use (i.e. Head Coach, O-Line, etc) and then manually change all the rookies to that position
a few drawbacks though would be that you couldn't start a rookie at RB though, although i guess you could make all spots as their position plus the rookie position (i.e. QB/HC, RB/HC) and manually monitor that nobody is starting a rookie QB at RB or anything like that
the other drawback would be that all the HC's would be on your WW and be eligible as well

so i think you could do it on MFL, but it would be painful and would require some intense monitoring, but if you're league is honorable than maybe it would work

try posting in their forums as well...someone might have a better solution
http://forums.myfantasyleague.com/forums/index.php?
maybe even email them directly
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Custom Hosting Site with rookies as a position

Postby mahocraf » Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:01 am

Thanks for the response. Started down the MyFantasyLeague path but did not think of redefining a position like that. Will definitely take another look. I did try their support but they had no suggestions but will try the forums.

Thanks again!
mahocraf
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Return to Commissioner's Corner