Who to keep: Brady, Shonne Green, Steve Johnson - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Who to keep: Brady, Shonne Green, Steve Johnson

Moderator: Football Moderators

Who to keep: Brady, Shonne Green, Steve Johnson

Postby bbroydri » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:15 pm

I am in a 16 team PPR keeper league. We get TWO keepers. We have a Salary Cap of $200. Here are my options, and I can not decide what to do. Our league is VERY qb driven. I made it to the final four, and the other 3 teams were led by Brees, Manning, and Rodgers.

Brady $55
Shonne Green $2
Steve Johnson $1

This is probably an easy choice, but I am a Boston guy, and I am a Brady homer. My heart says keep Brady and Green, but my brain says keep Steve and Shonne. What do you think?
bbroydri
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Who to keep: Brady, Shonne Green, Steve Johnson

Postby LMack » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:37 pm

I'm a Pats man myself but I think you have to go with Stevie Johnson and Shonn Greene here. You are getting incredible value by filling a WR2 and RB2 slot for a grand total of 3 dollars.

When you say that the league is quarterback driven, do you mean that the scoring is something besides standard that makes quarterbacks more valuable? Or does it just seem like the teams that do well are the ones with more expensive QBs? If it is the former I could see keeping Brady but otherwise I just can't suggest it.
LMack
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 32)

Postby latraffic » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:46 pm

Hard not to follow your team loyalties but there's no room for that fantasy football. A 1/4 of your cap for one QB is a no. Unless the QBs get HUGE bonuses, you have to go with the $3 special. Greene and Johnson are quality guys. Sorry. I know you were looking for that Pats validation.
Thank God for Football Season.
latraffic
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeCafecasterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby bbroydri » Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:17 pm

LMack wrote:I'm a Pats man myself but I think you have to go with Stevie Johnson and Shonn Greene here. You are getting incredible value by filling a WR2 and RB2 slot for a grand total of 3 dollars.

When you say that the league is quarterback driven, do you mean that the scoring is something besides standard that makes quarterbacks more valuable? Or does it just seem like the teams that do well are the ones with more expensive QBs? If it is the former I could see keeping Brady but otherwise I just can't suggest it.

Being a 16 team league, and having 32 keepers, the rosters are very thin. I am almost guaranteed victory if I can score 90+ points, and a 100 pt week happens about 1-2x a week for the entire league. Historically speaking, if you have one of the Core Four (Brees, Brady, Manning, Rodgers) you'll go far. Also a 3pt bonus for 300 yards passing.
bbroydri
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Fancycash34 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:23 pm

You HAVE to keep Steve Johnson and Shonne Green, those are incredible prices for those two players. This will still allow you to have plenty of $$ leftover to still go out and buy Tom Brady. Even if you have to spend $65 on Brady ($10 more than what you have him for) that $10 extra dollars will be more than what you would have to pay to to try and buy back either Shonne Green or Steve Johnson this year.

Make sense? Trust me, go with this route and you'll end up with all 3 players on your team for the best bang for your buck!
Fancycash34
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 7)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions