Philly Eagles.... Lets Get Real!>? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Philly Eagles.... Lets Get Real!>?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Philly Eagles.... Lets Get Real!>?

Postby etl1692 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:10 am

So just a few questions about this "Dream Team" the Eagles. Who I cant stand! But in Fantasy you cant have favorites or biases.

1.) LeSean McCoy (RB) - I've been hearing maybe he is being Overdrafted/Overrated. With Ronnie Brown now in the system and and Mike Vick the mobile QB that he is will LeSean still make a big fantasy impact? What round is he being taken and/or should?

2.) Mike Vick (QB) - seems real risky due to his habits of scrambling and how likely he is to get injured. I know he shouldnt be avoided as he killed fantasy leagues last year, but what are peoples advice on Vick? If i draft him should i get a solid backup QB??? Also what round is he being taken and/or should?

3.) Jeremy Maclin (WR) - Strange injury which no one really knows much about. Should I just stay away?
etl1692
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 42)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Philly Eagles.... Lets Get Real!>?

Postby scrumtalecent » Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:25 am

1. McCoy got a little over 1000 yards and 7 tds in on 200 carries in 15 games. That's not exactly what you want in your #1 RB, but he also had another 600 yards and 2tds in the air. That certainly changes things. On a team with a good qb and a couple of good WR to keep the defenses honest, I don't think he's too bad of a pick at 5 or 6. Like any young player, you just have to hope he can repeat or do better than last year.

2. Vick is a very early pick because of his scrambling ability. If that scares you and you have an early pick, then pick Rodgers or Brees. His passing yardage and td's are obviously helped by Maclin's and especially DJax's ypc, so you just hope those guys are still up to the task.

3. It looks like Maclin has dropped to a top 40 wr, so if he's still around in the 4th or 5th round in a 10 team draft, and you want a decent WR2, he's not a bad pick at all. He may not get 10td's again, and he's not a guy you have to have, but he simply had a procedure to remove some lymph nodes. No big deal.
Thank you soty!
scrumtalecent
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby LSUby50 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:49 am

As the previous poster said, i think mccoy is worth a 1st round pick because of his recieving yardage. He'll get a ton of dump-offs from Vick when the pocket breaks down.

Vick and Rodgers (and Freeman to a lesser extent) are the only QBs that can get rushing yardage as well as passing. Thats what separates them from the rest. One misconception ive noticed about Vick, though is that "he won so many leagues last year". Its not just because he had a great season. The reason he was so valuable last year is because he didnt cost the owners anything. He was a FA in most leagues. And if you didnt draft a good QB, you got the top one for free. And if you already had a QB, you were able to pick up vick and use that other QB as trade bait. The guy who won my league had Brady, picked up Vick, and then traded Brady for Turner. This year is different. If you want Vick, he's going to cost you a top pick and thats going to weaken the rest of your team. Because of that he's not an automatic superbowl ticket this year like he was last year.

As for Maclin, i see him as a WR4, and am not really targeting him in my drafts.
LSUby50
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 59)

Postby fuzzeemonkey » Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:07 pm

etl1692 wrote:So just a few questions about this "Dream Team" the Eagles. Who I cant stand! But in Fantasy you cant have favorites or biases.

1.) LeSean McCoy (RB) - I've been hearing maybe he is being Overdrafted/Overrated. With Ronnie Brown now in the system and and Mike Vick the mobile QB that he is will LeSean still make a big fantasy impact? What round is he being taken and/or should?

2.) Mike Vick (QB) - seems real risky due to his habits of scrambling and how likely he is to get injured. I know he shouldnt be avoided as he killed fantasy leagues last year, but what are peoples advice on Vick? If i draft him should i get a solid backup QB??? Also what round is he being taken and/or should?

3.) Jeremy Maclin (WR) - Strange injury which no one really knows much about. Should I just stay away?

1. Brown is a back up RB. He's a great back up RB but that's what he is on the Eagles. Anyone in a PPR league will not be over reaching for him as a top 5 RB.

2. Yes if you draft him get a solid backup QB. Other than that his value is from his ability to scramble and add a dynamic that forces the defense of other teams to account for. This skill is why he can kill it in fantasy leagues.

3. I'm with you regarding strange illnesses/injuries. I mean if he's just sitting there for me to take as a WR 4 in the scrub rounds great but he's not someone I'd actually target in my draft.

GOOD LUCK!
fuzzeemonkey
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 3)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions