help picking my keepers please! WHIR! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

help picking my keepers please! WHIR!

Moderator: Football Moderators

help picking my keepers please! WHIR!

Postby two_step08 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:04 am

I get to keep 3 and have the third pick in a PPR.. i am def keeping ray rice and mcfadden which both are first round backs in PPR so thats nice :) . but then i got antonio gates and dwayne bowe. both of them are neck and neck in the rankings ive seen. i like them both alot, but im a little worried about gates and injuries, and who knows if bowe can keep his pace. theres a good chance whoever i dont pick will be around with my 3rd overall pick, but who would you take? we start 1 mandatory WR and RB, with 2 flexes.
also, since i have 2 stud PPR RBs, what would your strategy be in the early rounds?
two_step08
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 7)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: help picking my keepers please! WHIR!

Postby gmcman22 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:06 am

I'd have a hard time spending one of my 3 keeper slots on a TE. On the other hand, I don't picture Bowe duplicating what he did last year either. Too close to call IMO. Keep in mind there are a lot of options out there at TE, most of who will probably be available your draft.

In this format, don't draft your QB to early, and make sure you end up with solid core of players to start in those WR/RB/Flex spots.
gmcman22
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 1)

Postby Venom » Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:50 am

In your position I would be looking at what you mentioned in your post: who will be available for me in the draft?

Gates would be my decision here. He is the clear cut #1 TE in fantasy, and hauls in numbers you can expect out of a WR1.

He'll be snagged as soon as you drop him, I am sure. He'd be my keeper over Bowe.
Venom
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 47)

Postby djadrock » Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:52 am

I would take Gates. He is THE no. 1 in fantasy. He looks healthy and Bowe screwed everyone last year come playoff time. Will he duplicate the TDs, no, yardage, probably.

HELP viewtopic.php?t=491921
djadrock
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 7)

Postby bungle613 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:21 pm

Are your flexes RB/WR?

I think I would take Bowe regardless. Even if one of the stud WR or RB fall to you at 3 Bowe will be a solid WR for you this year.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions