Great Lakes Classic, or X games II - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Detroit Lions

Great Lakes Classic, or X games II

Moderator: Football Moderators

Great Lakes Classic, or X games II

Postby moochman » Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:26 am

What are you're hope heading into tonight's epic match-up between two franchises seeking reversals of fortune.
I am a fan of simple needs. And here are a few;
1) I don't want to see anyone running past Suh. Ever again. Someone gets by him they should be met immediately by a hard charging LB. No excuses, this is basic D.
2) Oh, would love to see Suh hit McCoy really hard a couple times. Just love his attitude.
3) Stafford make it happen with all your receivers, keep O moving, and no dinky-do drop offs.
4) Best burst. I want next week not to sound like a broken record here. Jahvid find a hole, hit it hard, and explode into space.
5) Harrison or Bell step up like you have gas left in the tank. No league has players age so fast as does the NFL. Hoping the past is still a year or two away for one of these guys.
6) Defense. Shut down the Browns.
7) So many TD reviews and zzzzzz inducing touchbacks that the NFL wakes up and realizes that it is about entertainment. Players get hurt in contact sports, they know the risks, accept the risks. So let em play.
Again, I am a fan of simple needs.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Great Lakes Classic, or X games II

Postby dream_017 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:43 am

Mine are again similar to last week:
Red zone winning
3rd down winning
Suh with a hit on the QB and it not be fined
A running back, any running back break a big run
Another win
Another 10 or less points given up by the D

Less than a month now until I'm sitting at Ford Field watching the Lions....can't wait ;-D ;-D
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 59)

Postby bigken117 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:03 pm

I know the offense has had a couple big plays that set up the scores, but they look lost without Calvin. A lot of checking down by Stafford.

15 penalties 4:39 in the 2nd !+)
Jacoby Ellsbury - Official Red Sox prospect of the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!
bigken117
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Eagle EyeBaseball Mod
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby moochman » Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:02 pm

bigken117 wrote:I know the offense has had a couple big plays that set up the scores, but they look lost without Calvin. A lot of checking down by Stafford.

15 penalties 4:39 in the 2nd !+)

I didn't get to see second half, but I wasn't happy wiht what I saw in the first. Stafford looked okay, but there didn't appear to be any thought of going deep. Worries me since last year we didn't throw deep until we were desperate. :-t
Burleson looked pretty good. Was puzzled why Pettigrew didn't get more work. Best didn't seem his best. Just didn't seem to be running naturally. Like he is thinking instead of just running.
Bell looked ineffective, don't remember seeing Harrison.
Dereck Williams is still on the team? Why? had a chance to make a tough catch. Didn't.
Didn't see much from our D. not good.
ah pooh. Its only exhibition. Did we win? Thinking we prolly lost the Edmund Fitzgerald trophy. :~(
"Stafford's passes thrown to a receiver well led
And with a leap came the catch of Nate Burley
But the Lions its said were soon left for dead
When the penalty flags of September came early!"
(sung to the tune of the wreck of the edmund fitzgerald)

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Return to Detroit Lions