Trade Help (Gore, Fitz) WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Trade Help (Gore, Fitz) WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Trade Help (Gore, Fitz) WHIR

Postby Xezus » Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:05 pm

Hey guys,

Im in a 12 team PPR H2H league (1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 WR/RB, 1 K, 1 DEF)

Here is my team

QB-Freeman
HB-Foster
HB-Gore
WR-M. Williams (TB)
WR- A. Collie
TE- Clark
WR/RB-Forte
K Janikowski
DEF-KC

BN- Julio Jones, Jacoby Ford, Danny Amenddola, Lance Moore, Rashad Jennings, Jason Snelling, ATL DEF

I was just offered Fitzgerald and Shonn Greene for my Gore and Julio Jones.

Theres lot of question marks with all these guys (aside from Fitz who will produce well no matter the situation)

Shonn gonna be good enough to fill up my Flex? Gore was explosive last year b4 he got hurt, i have no problem trading julio away as i have lots of WR depth

I kinda need a #1 WR but im worried about maybe forte not getting a contract figured out and he might sit, and gore is just a monster (especially in PPR) where as Greene doesnt catch anything.

What do you guys think?

Thanks,
WHIR (Leave a Link)
Xezus
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 8)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Trade Help (Gore, Fitz) WHIR

Postby djadrock » Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:13 pm

I say take it. FItz will be beast. Greene will break out. Gore will get hurt. And Jones is a no. 2.

GO for it!!
djadrock
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 7)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby bungle613 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:41 pm

It is a fair deal and if it a redraft league I think I would take it.

It is unlikely that Joes will crack your roster and Fitz is a large upgrade over Collie. Gore down to Greene is concerning but you have to take some risks to win in FF.

Statistically you probably shouldn't. Collie was hitting at 12.5 PPG to Fitz at 9.4. Gore was at a stellar 14.6 to Greene at 6.7. I may be talking myself out of my advice if I keep looking things up. Greene and Fitz are the upside picks... they both should increase there stat lines this year over 2010.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Xezus » Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:49 pm

ya the points per game for collie and gore were insane next year. I am thinking of keeping my 3 strong RB's and try to get a #1 WR with Julio + something. I think i can handle Collie being on and off the field since i have other guys i wouldn't mind plugging in there like ford or amenddola. But i need a strong WR and the guy made it perfectly clear that if fitz was involved, then one of my top 3 RB's would have to be in there
Xezus
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Bronco_7 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:27 pm

I would do it. It is a pretty fair deal but I think you might have the slight edge, especially if Gore gets hurt.

Thanks for the help on mine
Sig GoodStash

12 team
QBs Roethlisberger, Kapernik
RBs Doug Martin, D Thomas, Bryce Brown
WRs C Johnson, Demaryius Thomas, Garcon
TE Gates
K Vinatiari
DST Jets, Cards
Bronco_7
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 6)

Postby bungle613 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:55 pm

Xezus wrote:ya the points per game for collie and gore were insane next year. I am thinking of keeping my 3 strong RB's and try to get a #1 WR with Julio + something. I think i can handle Collie being on and off the field since i have other guys i wouldn't mind plugging in there like ford or amenddola. But i need a strong WR and the guy made it perfectly clear that if fitz was involved, then one of my top 3 RB's would have to be in there

Collie was really unfortunate last year. Those licks he took would have knoecked anyone out. I don't think it is his style of play that will have him prone to those types of hits, just wrong place, wrong time.

I may change my mind on this deal it is that close. Flip a coin... comes down to how much trust you ahve in Greene this year. Everyone else we know how they can play, we haven't seen if Greene can handle a workload, let alone perform well under a full workload.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Xezus » Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:00 pm

Ya im gonna stick with my 3 strong RB's and hope to nab a #1 WR in a deal with someone. Alot of people are asking about Julio so hopefully i can package him with someone other than Collie and get a #1 i know mike williams and julio could get me something great for sure but ill try my luck with julio and lance for a wes welker type or something of that sort and i think ill be just fine.

Thanks for your help guys
Xezus
Water Boy
Water Boy

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions