need to pick 3 keepers. please help - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

need to pick 3 keepers. please help

Moderator: Football Moderators

need to pick 3 keepers. please help

Postby ffootball05 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:02 pm

10 team league- somewhat standard scoring. all td's 6pts. non ppr, 1pt per reception after 5 catches. bonuses for rb and wr over 105 yds. blah blah blah. 1QB,2RB,2WR,1flex,1TE,K,DEF
we have to keep 3 players and the deadline is tomorrow night. I am keeping Rodgers, Foster, and ???
my best options are: Greg Jennings- I like the connection with Rodgers; Hillis- solid #2 RB maybe; Deangelo Williams- possible stud once again- more upside than Hillis.
The thing is, everyone has kept RB's. I feel like if i only keep 1RB, I will not have much to choose from at my #6 draft slot. The best available players who I think are available:
RB's: McCoy, Hillis-?(unless i keep him), Best, Ingram, Deangelo, F. Jones, Mathews, Grant
WR's: Nicks, Jennings-?(unless i keep him), Wallace, M. Austin, D Jax, Bowe, M. Williams, Marshall, Welker

Its seems to me that there are some good wr to grab at the 6 slot. should i keep jennings, hillis, or deangelo. this is the last year of the keeper and it resets, so i just want good players for this year
what would you do? please help. thanks
ffootball05
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: need to pick 3 keepers. please help

Postby riotide » Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:49 pm

You get the most value with Jennings. That being said I see your problem. The issue I have is that Hillis' production tapered off at the end of last year and I'm not sure I really trust him. I would probably stick with Jennings and try to move him after your draft is over, he will be worth more. Just be sure to make sure you're OK at RB. I think Ingram would be a good replacement.
riotide
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Cuffs » Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:21 am

I think you should drop DeAngelo Williams and see if you can't pick him up a few rounds later. You probably drafted him 2nd round last year, and now you might be able to get him in round 3-5 this year, which is criminal.

Also, if you can get Shady McCoy at 6, you should do that. Keep Jennings and you'll have an elite player at each skill position and can go from there.
Cuffs
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 35)

Postby ffootball05 » Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:33 am

McCoy will surely be going first in the draft. I will most likely stick with Jennings and have a solid player at each position like you mentioned. From there, I will have to go with the best available RB. How do you rank the following RB:

Hillis
Best
Ingram- been burned on rookies before
Deangelo
F. Jones
Mathews
Grant
Moreno
ffootball05
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Venom » Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:54 am

I would offer whoever is dropping McCoy my 1.06 in exchange. He obviously doesn't need him and would more than likely bite on getting an extra pick in the first round.
Venom
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 47)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions