Keep 3 - draft in 5 days - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Keep 3 - draft in 5 days

Moderator: Football Moderators

Keep 3 - draft in 5 days

Postby woodson_28 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:50 pm

I've posted a few times already, but pre-season thoughts and rankings change by the day, so I want to get a few more fresh opinions before my upcoming draft. Start QB/2RB/3WR/RBWRflex/TE

It's 10 team draft. I have the 10th overall pick. We keep 3 and forfeit the round we drafted the player in. There are no limits, and no additional penalties for keeping a player (other than forfeiting a draft pick). So if I decide to keep Dez in the 9th, I could keep him for 10+ yrs as a 9th rd pick.

I've been trying like crazy to move some of my potential keepers for draft picks (almost moving V. Jackson for a 2nd and 7th rd pick, but the owner back out at the last second).

Here are my best options:
MJD (1st)
Fitz (1st)
Dez Bryant (9th)
Ray Rice (10th)
D. McFadden (11th)
V. Jackson (12th)
M. Austin (18th)

Right now I'm definitely keeping Ray Rice and McFadden (unless somebody convinces me not too). However, I keep going back and forth on the last spot. M. Austin is the best value (and I'm a cowboys fan). I could see V. Jackson having the best year. I can also see Dez Bryant returning the most value in the long run. How long until Dez is the #1 WR in Dallas and putting up 1200 yrds, 10+ TD seasons? Then again, during M. Austin's first amazing season he was the #2 WR. He has great chemistry w/ Romo and I see M. Austin as a stud WR as long as Romo is around.

I was offered a 5th rd pick for V. Jackson, but I declined. I think it would be better to throw Jackson back and force another team to burn an early pick on him, then get such little value for him (note: the other owner could then keep V.Jax for a 12th rd pick forever).
woodson_28
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Keep 3 - draft in 5 days

Postby Achmed » Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:57 pm

I'd probably go Rice, McFadden and Dez. VJax is better value, but he could just as easily be in Cleveland next year. Dez won't leave Dallas anytime soon.

And if you can get a draft pick for VJax, do it. Saying you'd rather take nothing for him is (no offense) kind of dumb. You aren't going to teach anyone a lesson -- just short yourself a pick.

Return the favor?
viewtopic.php?t=491974
12-team PPR, start 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1 flex (RB/WR/TE), 1D/ST
Unlimited keepers, but more than 6 cost draft picks, starting w 1st Rnd

Keepers- Rodgers, RJennings, Fitzgerald, Hilton, Pitta
and one of Wallce or CJ1K
Achmed
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football
Location: Iowa, the land of no major league sports teams whatsoever (sigh)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions