FA/WW system in Yahoo?? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

FA/WW system in Yahoo??

Moderator: Football Moderators

FA/WW system in Yahoo??

Postby bmault » Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:38 pm

I wanted to set up a basic league for some first year players and a few veterans. I felt the easist FA/WW system would be one in which the worst team gets the first pick of a player and the second-worst team chooses next etc. etc. as the week goes on. Is this possible to set up in Yahoo? If not, what's another solution? In my other leagues we do first-come first-served, but that may penailze newer players who arent as gung ho as the rest of us.

thanks
2009 Nothing
2008 Playoffs
2007 Nevermind
2006 Champ
2005 Champ
bmault
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Re: FA/WW system in Yahoo??

Postby Bobbleheadrusty » Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:19 pm

There are two order options (that Im aware of). 1st is record, which changes from week to week. the second is my preferred way, which is to set it reverse of the draft order, then you lose your spot when you take a player.

The other setting I would recommend is their two day lockout, which freezes pickups from 1pm Sunday to Tuesday night, and puts all players unowned on waivers at that time. After the ww is processed everyone else is a free agent, minus dropped players.
Bobbleheadrusty
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Chicago 2 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:18 am

bmault wrote:I wanted to set up a basic league for some first year players and a few veterans. I felt the easist FA/WW system would be one in which the worst team gets the first pick of a player and the second-worst team chooses next etc. etc. as the week goes on. Is this possible to set up in Yahoo? If not, what's another solution? In my other leagues we do first-come first-served, but that may penailze newer players who arent as gung ho as the rest of us.

thanks

My league I have setup so that your waiver position is determined by the reverse order of the standings, the last place team has waiver 1 and the 1st place team has waiver 12 and this changes each week depending on each team's position in the standings. Gives the worst team the best chance to acquire a player on waivers.

Previous poster also made a good suggestion in setting all players to waivers from Sunday to Tuesday, this gives everyone a fair crack.
Chicago 2
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 56)

Postby Bobbleheadrusty » Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:31 pm

Ya. I would never do a all-times free for all league. I actually go to the games 8 Sundays a month, and go out most of the rest, the last thing I want to see is someone camping the league homepage and getting all the top guys cause he sits at home on game day. Having it open on Tuesday night lets everyone assess their needs AND see who is hurt/out/signed/benched from the previous week.
Bobbleheadrusty
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby MPappadato » Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:45 pm

Bobbleheadrusty wrote:Ya. I would never do a all-times free for all league. I actually go to the games 8 Sundays a month, and go out most of the rest, the last thing I want to see is someone camping the league homepage and getting all the top guys cause he sits at home on game day. Having it open on Tuesday night lets everyone assess their needs AND see who is hurt/out/signed/benched from the previous week.

what a month!

But i agree, two day freeze is best, but then use FAAB
MPappadato
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 10)

Return to Commissioner's Corner