First FF Draft- How's my team? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

First FF Draft- How's my team?

Moderator: Football Moderators

First FF Draft- How's my team?

Postby handslikesecrets » Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:22 pm

I'm a big NBA/soccer fan, and have always watched football on-and-off, but never paid too much attention. This year I'm vowing to get into it, and did a lot of research before our fantasy draft. There are ten teams, and here is who I drafted:

QB- Philip Rivers, Chargers
QB- Matt Stafford, Lions
RB- Adrian Peterson, Vikings
RB- Benjarvus Green-Ellis, Pats
RB- Beanie Wells, Cardinals
RB- C.J. Spiller, Bills
RB- Ricky Williams, Ravens
RB- Cadillac Williams, Rams
RB- Ronnie Brown, Eagles
WR- Calvin Johnson, Lions
WR- Dwayne Bowe, Chiefs
WR- Chad Ochocinco, Pats
WR- Deion Branch, Pats
TE- Jermichael Finley, Packers
D- Jets
K- Nate Kaeding

Any ratings/input/advice on how I should manage this team are greatly appreciated!
handslikesecrets
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 30)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: First FF Draft- How's my team?

Postby dtownsound8 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:15 am

It would help to know the league format. how many teams, scoring, what was your draft position, what positions do you start?

love your WRs

Overall solid team but I'm not thrilled about your RB situation.

All-day Peterson is great and all but I have some ?s about the offence in Minnesota with McNabb at QB. He sucked in Washington last year. Sure... you could argue that that had a lot to do with the team around him... but is Minnesota any better? Especially now that they've sent Sidney Rice to Seattle?? Without a decent pass game, defenses are going to be able to focus more on stopping Peterson.

Don't get me wrong... Peterson will get his... but will he finish amongst the top 3 RBs this year or closer to rounding out the top 10? It's debatable.

Behind him... Ellis would be a good RB for a flex position, but not as your RB2.

Weenie Bells will get the bulk of the carries in AZ now that Ryan Williams is done. But does that even matter? It's still Wells we're talking about.
Spiller, another bust. Cadillac is done. I like Ricky Williams in Baltimore, especially with Vonta Leach blocking for him but don't forget he plays second fiddle to Ray Rice.
Ronnie Brown... well... I can't even imagine all the Wildcat action that will go on in Philly this year. Brown will be back to getting his points in unconvential ways but unless McCoy gets injured, I can't imagine it being too consistant.

Rate mine? http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=44
dtownsound8
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 19)
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Roster Ratings