12 team Standard League 6th pick - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

12 team Standard League 6th pick

Moderator: Football Moderators

12 team Standard League 6th pick

Postby jmartt5 » Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:44 pm

Alright I've been in a couple fantasy football leagues before but this is my first legit one and its a keeper league. Any and all feedback is welcome.
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 W/T, 1 K, 1 D

1. Chris Johnson
2. Roddy White
3. Antonio Gates
4. Stevie Johnson
5. Eli Manning
6. Cedric Benson
7. Braylon Edwards

10. Chicago
12. Neil Rackers

BENCH
8. Mike Sims-Walker
9. Marshawn Lynch
11. Tim Hightower
13. Mohamed Massaquoi
14. Denarius Moore
15. Earl Bennett
jmartt5
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Re: 12 team Standard League 6th pick

Postby dtownsound8 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:55 am

You must have REEAAAAAAALLY wanted Gates to take him in the 3rd round.

He'll likely be a nightmare for owners again this year with all the game time decisions and anything thinking he's gonna put up similar points to last year is crazy. He's not getting any younger and V-Jax is back. Yah sure he'll still end up with great numbers for a TE but that position is INCREDIBLY deep this year and you could have held out another round and ended up with Finley or another 2 rounds and got Vernon Davis.

Also - with injury potential for Gates, it would be wise to pick up a back-up TE before some of those that went undrafted end up making names for themselves when the season starts.

If Jimmy Graham or Jared Cook are still available you go get one of them right now! Massaquoi, Moore, and Bennett are going to end up getting dropped to make waiver claims anyways...

Otherwise your team looks good sans your QB. There had to have been better options than Eli... Stafford, Bradford, Freeman. Not excited about not having a back-up here either.

This to me seems like a team that could make the playoffs if you were really smart about your moves during the season

Rate mine? http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=44
dtownsound8
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 19)
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Roster Ratings