12 TEAM: RATE PLS! WHIR 100%! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

12 TEAM: RATE PLS! WHIR 100%!

Moderator: Football Moderators

12 TEAM: RATE PLS! WHIR 100%!

Postby dtownsound8 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:33 am

Which team would you pick to win it all?

12 Team League
QBLeague Format: QB, 2-WR, 2-RB, WR/RB, TE, K, DEF

Standard Scoring

QB - Ben Rapelisberger, Matthew Stafford
WR - Andre Johnson, Calvin Johnson, Jacoby Jones
RB - Ahmad Bradshaw, Mark Ingram, Marshawn Lynch, Michael Bush, Jerome Harrison, Willis McGahee
TE - Jermichael Finley, Jared Cook
K - Josh Brown
DEF - NY Jets

I was in the 9th position in a 12 team league. By the time it got to me there was only 1 RB worthy of a first round pick IMO and that was D-Mac, who I figure to be a risky pick especially with Andre Johnson on the board. Aaron Rodgers was already plucked and I still don't know how I feel about Vick this year. Should blow it up again but with his style of play the injury bug seems to be lurking in his shadow.

By round 2, the RBs still on the board felt like a reach when Megtron was still available. I took the gamble that Ahmad Bradshaw would still be available to me in round 3. That worked out fine.

Still, never thought I'd take 2 WRs with my first two picks.

thoughts:
-- Will Ingram be worth starting once the season gets underway
-- Not thrilled about my RBs but they're good enough to hold the team up when I have recievers like AJ and Megatron
-- I really like my RB bench in that there's good odds at least one of them will prove worthy a starting role at some point in the season.
-- I don't think my RB/WR flex position is entirely too strong
-- My WR depth sucks. Glad I have Jacoby Jones to put in if AJ gets injured but otherwise I'm counting on one of my backup RBs, Stafford, or Jared Cook to step up and prove worthy of a trade to a team in need for a WR 2 quality receiver.

Please rate. Will rate all in return!!
Last edited by dtownsound8 on Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
dtownsound8
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 19)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: 12 TEAM: RATE PLS! WHIR whir WHIR!

Postby ATLbraves » Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:02 am

Should be a playoff team imo, if Marshawn has a solid year like I think he will.

thanks for the help with mine.
ATLbraves
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby schmidty » Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:23 am

If you're looking for RBs, I think a low draft position puts you in a tough spot this year. Unless there's a surprising drop, none of the options feel like they're worthy of being 1st rounders. Johnson&Johnson is as good a start as any. As long as he's a starter, Lynch should be serviceable as your flex. Though that whole SEA offense is feeling really stinky this year. Between Big Ben, Ingram, and Finley it sounds like you did good work in the 4-6 round area.

I think you have a handle on your team's flaws. Essentially having no WR bench could be an issue. But I get what you're doing - stock-piling RB handcuffs. By the time your WR byes come around, you'll have a better handle on who you keep and who you dump. And if you can pick up a decent WR3 (or if JJ develops into one) you're in really good shape.
schmidty
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 22)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Millcity_Maniac » Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:29 am

Thanks for reply on mine.

I gotta agree w guys above. Playoff caliber. WR depth could b prob. I would try and leverage some of that depth @ rb into a more solid wr.
Thanks to deluxe_247 for the bad ass sig banner! Quick and great work. Lets Go Patriots!!
Millcity_Maniac
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby irk » Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:01 am

QB - Ben Rapelisberger, Matthew Stafford
WR - Andre Johnson, Calvin Johnson, Jacoby Jones
RB - Ahmad Bradshaw, Mark Ingram, Marshawn Lynch, Michael Bush, Jerome Harrison, Willis McGahee
TE - Jermichael Finley, Jared Cook
K - Josh Brown
DEF - NY Jets

great backup QB
monster WR's
I like ur rb's at the positions you got them!
top TE

Wow ur team is awesome I think you prolly will go all the way unless the injury bug hits ur team.

viewtopic.php?f=44&t=492209
irk
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 1)

Return to Roster Ratings