14 team 1/2 PPR WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

14 team 1/2 PPR WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

14 team 1/2 PPR WHIR

Postby MPappadato » Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:57 am

hey all,

League details out of the way first: 14 team, half PPR, 4 points passing TD, -1 INT, 1 point per 20 return yards. everything else standard. I picked this team out of the 12 spot:

QB: Eli Manning
WR: Calvin Johnson
WR: Reggie Wayne
WR: Dez Bryant
RB: LeSean McCoy
RB: Joseph Addai
RB/WR: Marques Colston
TE: Owen Daniels

Bench: CJ Spiller, Ladanian Tomlinson, Robert Meachem, DeMarco Murray, James Starks, Ronnie Brown, Donnie Avery

Not the team I went in to the draft intending to construct, but what I felt was value continued to fall to me in the early rounds- Wayne in the third, Colston in the fifth. This left me scrambling to fill the gap at RB2.

Let me know what you think and I will certainly help in return. Just leave a link. Thanks!
Last edited by MPappadato on Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MPappadato
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 10)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: 14 team 1/2 PPR WHIR

Postby passthekiesch » Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:21 pm

Loving the WRs. RB is definitely the weak spot, but McCoy should have another monster year, and as long as Peyton is healthy and Addai stays healthy, he should be able to put up good numbers. Spiller and Tomlinson both still have some upside too. I think when Wayne and Colston fall that far to you in a 14-team league, you gotta pull the trigger.
passthekiesch
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Chicago 2 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:54 pm

Great WR core, especially love Bryant considering the points received for return yards.

Seems like you know that RB is your main weakness, I like that you filled up your bench with plenty of RBs because of this. LT and Starks could both potentially take over the starting gig, which is a win for you and I like Starks and Murray as sleeper options.

You could use a backup QB if there is one available but it isn't a priority, always nice to have a second option so you can play the matchups.

I'm not familiar with 14 team leagues but you have nice depth and even though your weak at RB you stockpiled plenty of them to potentially solve this problem.

Does your league not use K or DEF?
Chicago 2
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 56)

Postby MPappadato » Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:09 pm

We do use K/DEF, but i never thought of them as worthy of evaluation.

I'd like to have another QB, but every other team took a second option, and early on (9th-13th rounds or so) best available are Henne, Smith, T Jackson. Given Eli's inconsistency, I was hoping to land a Bradford or even a McCoy, but both actually went BEFORE Eli! I will be on my toes looking for potential RB and QB options

Thanks for your help!
MPappadato
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 10)

Return to Roster Ratings