Mendenhall or turner or MJD or Mcfadden, Roddy or Megatron? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Mendenhall or turner or MJD or Mcfadden, Roddy or Megatron?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Mendenhall or turner or MJD or Mcfadden, Roddy or Megatron?

Postby inSANITyFootball » Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:13 pm

WHIR

Rank these Runningbacks and give reasons if possible

Turner
Mendenhall
MJD
Mcfadden

Who do you like better at WR and why

Roddy White
Megatron
inSANITyFootball
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Mendenhall or turner or MJD or Mcfadden, Roddy or Megat

Postby Fancycash34 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:33 pm

1. MJD
2. Mendenhall
3. Turner
4. McFadden (Run DMC)

I'd be happy with MJD, Mendenhall, or Turner all as my number 1. Its fairly hard for me to find legitimate and strong argument for why one is going to be that much better than the other. I ranked MJD first though because I think he will get the most touches out of these 4, had he scored a few more TD's last year (He only had 7 total) I think the argument for him being #1 would be easier. Between Mendenhall and Turner, I think this is nearly interchangable but I have Mendenhall ahead of Turner because he's younger and Pittsburgh loves to run the ball down your throat and Mendenhall has the job mostly all to himself. I have McFadden last because Im still not sold that he is past the injuries and its still the Raiders. He showed highlights last year of why Oakland drafted him but Im still not completely convinced in Run DMC as a #1 RB.

1. Roddy
2. Megatron

These are both top WR's but Roddy plays in the better offense and has the better QB. These guys will both make plays that will make your jaw drop but I gotta give the edge to Roddy. Roddy is my #2 WR overall this year
Fancycash34
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 7)

Postby Chicago 2 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:42 pm

Fancycash34 wrote:1. MJD
2. Mendenhall
3. Turner
4. McFadden (Run DMC)

I'd be happy with MJD, Mendenhall, or Turner all as my number 1. Its fairly hard for me to find legitimate and strong argument for why one is going to be that much better than the other. I ranked MJD first though because I think he will get the most touches out of these 4, had he scored a few more TD's last year (He only had 7 total) I think the argument for him being #1 would be easier. Between Mendenhall and Turner, I think this is nearly interchangable but I have Mendenhall ahead of Turner because he's younger and Pittsburgh loves to run the ball down your throat and Mendenhall has the job mostly all to himself. I have McFadden last because Im still not sold that he is past the injuries and its still the Raiders. He showed highlights last year of why Oakland drafted him but Im still not completely convinced in Run DMC as a #1 RB.

1. Roddy
2. Megatron

These are both top WR's but Roddy plays in the better offense and has the better QB. These guys will both make plays that will make your jaw drop but I gotta give the edge to Roddy. Roddy is my #2 WR overall this year

Agree with his rankings, unless this is a PPR league, I would then rank McFadden ahead of Turner.

I know there are concerns with MJD's knees but there were concerns last year and he put up 15 TDs, he is great value at the end of 1st RD. Steelers love to run, i prefer Mendenhall to Turner mostly because I don't trust the amount of carries Turner has had and the workload put on him.

Also prefer Roddy to Calvin because he has no injury history and has been more consistent.
Chicago 2
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 56)

Postby trippsixxes » Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:46 pm

1. Mendenhall
2a. MJD
2b. Turner
3. DMC

I can't stand the Steelers so this is hard to write, but they have a pretty solid team around Mendy, they play close games conducive to running the ball, they run the ball even when they're behind, Mike Wallace will force teams to abandon any thought of 8 in the box on first down, plus.. they get to play Cleveland and Cincinnati for 4 of their games.

MJD is every bit the player, if not head and shoulders above Mendenhall, but the injury question mark, plus the poor team around him, plus the tougher division makes this an easy one for me.

Burner is going to get a ton of redzone touches. I could talk myself into Burner in the first round again with that offense if I wasn't so worried about wear and tear.

Concerned about the loss of Cable and Gallery for DMC. Love DMC though.

1a. Tron
1b. Roddy

I love the numbers Tron puts up with scrapheap QB's. If Stafford plays a full season we're talking about T.O. in his prime numbers.

I've won my league 2 years in a row and I wonder if its more to do with my steady production from White out of a mid-round pick than any of my big money guys. I owe Roddy White. If Julio and Harry Douglas weren't showing up so impressively I would have him ahead of Tron.

Help me with mine?

viewtopic.php?t=492180
trippsixxes
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby markulous » Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:23 pm

PPR or no?

PPR
MJD
DMC
Turner
Mendy

Non-PPR
MJD
Turner
DMC
Mendy

I don't think much of Mendy. Especially in PPR. Other than one game last year against a sub-par run defense, he averaged like 3.5 ypc after Big Ben came back. He's on a pass first team as well. In non-PPR I think MJD and Turner are pretty close. But I put MJD up there because the yard receiving should put him ahead. DMC is a wild card and could outproduce all of those guys, but he has a mediocre O-line and a poor passing game. I'd put him about tied with Turner in PPR.

I like Megatron in either format. But it's super close. They will probably produce similar numbers, but I think Megatron has a slightly higher ceiling and I like watching him more.
markulous
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby inSANITyFootball » Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:14 pm

markulous wrote:PPR or no?

PPR
MJD
DMC
Turner
Mendy

Non-PPR
MJD
Turner
DMC
Mendy

I don't think much of Mendy. Especially in PPR. Other than one game last year against a sub-par run defense, he averaged like 3.5 ypc after Big Ben came back. He's on a pass first team as well. In non-PPR I think MJD and Turner are pretty close. But I put MJD up there because the yard receiving should put him ahead. DMC is a wild card and could outproduce all of those guys, but he has a mediocre O-line and a poor passing game. I'd put him about tied with Turner in PPR.

I like Megatron in either format. But it's super close. They will probably produce similar numbers, but I think Megatron has a slightly higher ceiling and I like watching him more.

How are the steelers a pass first offense?

And I'm feeling as if your opinions are tainted because your a jags fan
inSANITyFootball
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby murphysxm » Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:37 pm

ppr
MJD
DMC
Mendenhall

Turner(seriously think he is going to be the bust of the year)

Non PPR I swap DMC and Mendy

I also think Calvin will be better than Roddy in all formats. The Falcons are much more balanced and Roddy won't lead the league in targets.
murphysxm

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 238)

Postby markulous » Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:54 am

inSANITyFootball wrote:

PPR
MJD
DMC
Turner
Mendy

Non-PPR
MJD
Turner
DMC
Mendy

They haven't been a run first offense in a while. Anyone that says different is just reminiscing of the old Pit days and doesn't know what they're talking about. Look at the stats from last year. Despite Big Ben missing a quarter of the season and struggling to get back into form, they still passed more than they ran.

Not really tainted. MJD has proven he can be a RB1 ever since he came into the league. The only reason he's down on people's lists is because of his knee. But it got fixed and he's running and cutting pain free for the first time in years. Were it not for those concerns he'd be a Top 5 pick.
markulous
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby GTOon19Z » Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:18 am

markulous wrote:
inSANITyFootball wrote:

PPR
MJD
DMC
Turner
Mendy

Non-PPR
MJD
Turner
DMC
Mendy

They haven't been a run first offense in a while. Anyone that says different is just reminiscing of the old Pit days and doesn't know what they're talking about. Look at the stats from last year. Despite Big Ben missing a quarter of the season and struggling to get back into form, they still passed more than they ran.

Not really tainted. MJD has proven he can be a RB1 ever since he came into the league. The only reason he's down on people's lists is because of his knee. But it got fixed and he's running and cutting pain free for the first time in years. Were it not for those concerns he'd be a Top 5 pick.

Top Five running back?

So you would rank him ahead of who: Foster, AP, Charles, CJ, or Rice?

None of these has any injury issues (no, Foster's hammy is not really a deal), and I am curious to know. To me, his knees ARE a big deal, so much so that I drafted Rashad Jennings (a greeeat talent) in a 12 team draft a few days ago just to steal him from MJD's owner. Chances are he sees significant time on the field this season, especially around fantasy playoff time.

Now, I can see the case against Rice in the past, but not this year. With Vonta Leach bulldozing the path for him, he is ready to blow up, ESPECIALLY in PPR leagues. Needless to say, I took Rice ahead of Charles, CJ, AND AP in my draft. (yeah, I know, how pass on AP??? Call me crazy, but I think I'll be fine. And, I'm in a PPR league. LOL)

Good luck all!!

Help me out pls!!!!

viewtopic.php?t=492079
GTOon19Z
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 18)

Postby markulous » Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:08 am

GTOon19Z wrote:
markulous wrote:
inSANITyFootball wrote:

Top Five running back?

So you would rank him ahead of who: Foster, AP, Charles, CJ, or Rice?

None of these has any injury issues (no, Foster's hammy is not really a deal), and I am curious to know. To me, his knees ARE a big deal, so much so that I drafted Rashad Jennings (a greeeat talent) in a 12 team draft a few days ago just to steal him from MJD's owner. Chances are he sees significant time on the field this season, especially around fantasy playoff time.

Now, I can see the case against Rice in the past, but not this year. With Vonta Leach bulldozing the path for him, he is ready to blow up, ESPECIALLY in PPR leagues. Needless to say, I took Rice ahead of Charles, CJ, AND AP in my draft. (yeah, I know, how pass on AP??? Call me crazy, but I think I'll be fine. And, I'm in a PPR league. LOL)

Good luck all!!

Help me out pls!!!!

viewtopic.php?t=492079

I'd put him ahead of CJ of course. CJ is holding out and is becoming a very risky pick. I wouldn't take MJD over Charles, Foster, or Rice in any format. But in Non-PPR I think he's a better pick than McCoy. PPR, I'd probably get McCoy though.

We'll see how he continues to do but as of right now the knee isn't a problem. As I said he's sprinting and cutting with ease and is pain free.
markulous
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions