12 team auction dynasty league $100 cap, howd I do? WHIR? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

12 team auction dynasty league $100 cap, howd I do? WHIR?

Moderator: Football Moderators

12 team auction dynasty league $100 cap, howd I do? WHIR?

Postby drnick5 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:52 pm

HEY guys, im in a 12 team PPr dynasty league, we award points for return yardage to players as well (20 yards =1pt, +50 yards then 15 yards=1pt, over 100 yards then 10 yards =1pt)

defensive scoring is almost ALWAYS negative for the week (you lose 1 point for every defensive point against and 1 yard for ever 10 yards allowed) so getting a top defense is crucial to winning this league. keep in mind we can start:
1RB,4WR
2RB,3WR
3RB,2WR
5WR

so running backs aren't AS important as they might be in other leagues. howd I do?

my current team:
QB: D. brees $21.49
RB: F. Gore $19
WR:D. amendola $0.50/2 years
WR: A. boldin $12/1 year
WR: P. garcon $10/1year
WR: M.sims-walker $6/4 years
K M. Bryant $0.50
TE: O. Daniels $8
DEF: Eagles $12.49

Bench:
QB: M. cassel $3/3 years
RB: S. verneen $0.50/4 years
RB:M. tolbert $1
RB: Larod stephens howling
WR: D. Bess $0.75
WR: J. jones $1.50/4 years
TE: C. cooley $3/2 years

thoughts? what should I be looking to do with this team.. I'm honestly not in love with it but it has a lot of upside. I figure I'll wait til week 2 or 3 before I start shopping anyone
drnick5
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: 12 team auction dynasty league $100 cap, howd I do? WHIR

Postby LMack » Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:45 pm

You lack a lot of top end studs, but I don't necessarily think that is a bad thing. You managed to land several high upside players.

I think Anquan Boldin will be able to bounce back from last years down slide in production. Derrick Mason is out, and Lee Evans is in. Boldin should be able to be the over the middle, possession receiver for Joe Flacco while Lee Evans takes the top off the defense with deep routes.

One of the St. Louis Rams wide receivers will emerge and have a big year, and you have the two best bets in my mind. Both Danny Amendola and Mike Sims-Walker could benefit from the Josh McDaniels system and the further development of Sam Bradford. Amendola could see a very high reception total this year filling the Wes Welker role for the Rams.

I agree that it would be in your best interest to wait before making any moves. You have several question marks as far as roles and talent goes, so you need to see what those become before anything else. A couple sleepers breaking in your favor and a good trade or two and you could be competitive for years to come.
LMack
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 32)
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Roster Ratings