Just Drafted 10 team league, WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

Just Drafted 10 team league, WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Just Drafted 10 team league, WHIR

Postby mtt0216 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:55 pm

In our league Qbs get 6 for TDS and there are 5 point bonuses for 300+ passing yards, and 100 rushing/receiving yards.
Starting positions 1 QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1DEF 1K

I had the 10th pick and went WR, WR. I think I did pretty good, let me know what you think

QB- Freeman
RB- Forte
RB- Williams
WR- R. White
WR- C. Johnson
WR. A Collie
TE Winslow
Def- Lions
K Henery

Bench
Sam Bradford
Moreno
Grant
Hardesty
Helu
Roy Williams
R. Meachem
mtt0216
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Just Drafted 10 team league, WHIR

Postby B3N1ZJAM1N » Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:18 pm

I think you did fairly well but your RBs are going to hurt you. I think this year you will see the pain with WRs and how they can be inconsistent. But the good news is your WRs are stacked so you have that going for you, and Forte could be a force to be reckoned with. I like Freeman a log this year so you have a lot of stuff going for you, just hope it all comes together
B3N1ZJAM1N
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter

Postby GTOon19Z » Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:30 pm

mtt0216 wrote:In our league Qbs get 6 for TDS and there are 5 point bonuses for 300+ passing yards, and 100 rushing/receiving yards.
Starting positions 1 QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1DEF 1K

I had the 10th pick and went WR, WR. I think I did pretty good, let me know what you think

QB- Freeman
RB- Forte
RB- Williams
WR- R. White
WR- C. Johnson
WR. A Collie
TE Winslow
Def- Lions
K Henery

Bench
Sam Bradford
Moreno
Grant
Hardesty
Helu
Roy Williams
R. Meachem

I like Grant, my thinking is that he will be replacing Williams in your starting roster by week 4 or so (if he is running like all the experts say he is, you'll be collecting that nice 100 yds + bonus with him).

Receiver corps is nice, and I would try to package Freeman and a nice RB for a better starting QB. He's ok, but he wont get you much more than 225 yds and a few scores a week. With bonuses such as yours, you should try to see what yiu can get in the way of a Schaub/Ryan/Romo QB.

Good luck!!!

Help me out pls!!!

viewtopic.php?t=492079
GTOon19Z
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 18)

Postby mtt0216 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:37 pm

Thanks for the reply B3N.

Last year, WRs always seemed to be a problem for me, especially since my league doesn't have a flex and I need to start 3. So, instead of grabbing a RB early I wanted to get 2 of what I feel are the top 3 WRs in White and Johnson.

I actually thought I'd do worse at RB then I did because I didn't expect to get Moreno and Grant at with picks 50, 51.
I think Forte is better then people give him credit for, and picking him at 30 was a steal to me.

Williams and Grant are the guys who will decide my season. If one of them has a season like they used to I think I should be ok, but we'll have to see.

Luckily, my team seems to stack up pretty well against the others in my league, so we'll see how it goes.
mtt0216
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby mtt0216 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:42 pm

GTOon19Z wrote:
mtt0216 wrote:

I like Grant, my thinking is that he will be replacing Williams in your starting roster by week 4 or so (if he is running like all the experts say he is, you'll be collecting that nice 100 yds + bonus with him).

Receiver corps is nice, and I would try to package Freeman and a nice RB for a better starting QB. He's ok, but he wont get you much more than 225 yds and a few scores a week. With bonuses such as yours, you should try to see what yiu can get in the way of a Schaub/Ryan/Romo QB.

Good luck!!!

Help me out pls!!!

viewtopic.php?t=492079

Thanks for the reply.
I like Grant this year as well, but I'm hoping Williams can have a solid year.
As far as my QB situation goes, I think I'm gonna wait and see how Freeman does in the first few weeks before I do anything. Plus I want to see how all of my RBs do because although I don't have any of the top guys I think my depth is pretty good, so I dont want to trade anyone before I have a better feeling for how they'll do this year.
Last edited by mtt0216 on Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mtt0216
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby abcboy911 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:15 pm

Honestly I think you have a decent squad for a 12 team league, but not so much in 10. Wondering what happened in the 5th and 6th round. Collie and moreno?
abcboy911
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby mtt0216 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:21 pm

At 50, I grabbed Moreno and R. Grant. I was considering taking Lloyd there, but wanted to stack up on solid Rbs. I took Collie in at 71.
mtt0216
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby abcboy911 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:32 pm

Ohhh. Don't really like the grant pick. But it is your team and everyone has their own opinions. Like collie in 8th round. Think if u had gotten a te#2 instead of grant your team would look way sexier.
abcboy911
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby mtt0216 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:37 pm

Yea I'm not sure about Grant yet, but I'd figured having as much depth at Rb as possible will help me in the long run. I think with Forte, Williams, Moreno, and Grant I'll be able to find 2 good match ups every week.

Once I missed out on the elite TEs I figured going with Winslow was an ok option. Maybe benefiting fromt he Freeman/ Winslow connection a few games.

I'm not a fan of collie, and I wanted a stronger number 3 WR. I could have grabbed Lloyd at 50 or 51 and I'm thinking thats where I went wrong.
mtt0216
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby britdevine » Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:29 pm

Not having a top 10 HB is going to kill you in this league with the bonuses.

And not having a Romo or better QB is going to hurt you with the big 5 pt bonus.

I'd try to move Roddy + Dwill for a stud HB + another decent WR IMO..I see Julio cutting into Roddys production..IMO roddy wont be a top 5 WR this season.
britdevine
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Next

Return to Roster Ratings