Ray Rice for Chris Johnson?? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Ray Rice for Chris Johnson??

Moderator: Football Moderators

Ray Rice for Chris Johnson??

Postby Minnesota Guy » Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:21 am

We have our draft Wednesday and I was just offered Chris Johnson for Ray Rice. We keep one player from the year prior. Is this a risk worth taking?? 1pt per 10 yards rushing/receiving and 6 pts per TD.

Thoughts?
Minnesota Guy
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Ray Rice for Chris Johnson??

Postby Smackola » Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:57 am

This is hard..Chris JOhnson owners felt burned in 2010 because he didn't put up a 20 pt game everytime and had some low scoring games.. Ray Rice had 0 TDs in his first 4 games, but than he did average around 123 yards. Ray Rice has Vonta LEach blocking for him this year, so Ray Rice could have a career high season.. he looked explosive in the pre season games.. Chris Johnson is the fastest running back in the league, if you want to go with a RB who will give u a better chance at winning go with Chris Johnson on the simple fact that Chris Johnson's offense is based around him. Ray Rice has Flacco who will throw the ball.. With a huge contract on the way, Chris Johnson is going to show the world why he is worth the $$$$.. Remember Chris Johnson played with a bad injury.. it also depends who are ur other backs? who is ur team? Ray Rice is no doubt SOLID. but i put Chris Johnson in front of him without a doubt.. Do not let last season scare you because he didn't put up 2009 numbers every game, he still put up almost 1,400 yards which people cried about.. think about that for a minute... Go with your gut.. but i took Chris Johnson this year
;-D
Smackola
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby GTOon19Z » Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:24 am

If its a PPR league, I take Rice eleven times out of ten this year.

I took him this year at #3 in a 12 team PPR, ahead of CJ AND AP. Yeah, I know it may be crazy, but call it a hunch.

If it is not, I take CJ. The holdout is scary, though, and can lead to multiple games without your main man.

Good luck!!!
Help me out pls!!!

viewtopic.php?t=492079
GTOon19Z
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 18)

Postby Indibuck » Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:29 am

GTOon19Z wrote:If its a PPR league, I take Rice eleven times out of ten this year.

I took him this year at #3 in a 12 team PPR, ahead of CJ AND AP. Yeah, I know it may be crazy, but call it a hunch.

If it is not, I take CJ. The holdout is scary, though, and can lead to multiple games without your main man.

Good luck!!!
Help me out pls!!!

viewtopic.php?t=492079

I agree with this. ;-D
Indibuck

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 157)

Postby VIKINGFAN » Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:00 am

With the pending holdout and "grudge" match by CJ2k and the Titans.....I would stick with Rice.....the arrow has been pointing up for him all off season. Huge year coming up.

PLEASE HELP ME:
http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=492299
VIKINGFAN
Head Coach
Head Coach

Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 26)

Postby flytrap » Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:51 am

I prefer Chris Johnson, especially since it's not a ppr. Johnson just has a much higher upside, with not much risk. People were disappointed in him last year, but he still had a great year. Rice may have closed the gap a bit, but he's still not on CJs level.
flytrap
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 2)

Postby Oatsdad » Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:47 am

Unless you get really positive news out of TN, I'd stay with Rice. He's already viewed as a top 4 or 5 back, so it's not like there's a big difference in potential scoring there, and - much more importantly - YOU KNOW HE'S GOING TO PLAY!

CJ's just really risky right now - the situation in TN is bad and not getting better. Most seem to think a deal will get done and he'll play the full season, but it's not looking great right now.

Given the current situation, I'd take CJ in the late 2nd round but not earlier - and I wouldn't make a trade for him if it meant giving up a top 5 RB to get him...
Oatsdad
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions