Getting Cold Feet with Cedric Benson.. PLEASE HELP! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Getting Cold Feet with Cedric Benson.. PLEASE HELP!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Getting Cold Feet with Cedric Benson.. PLEASE HELP!

Postby Smackola » Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:03 am

I got Cedric Benson late round and i was happy with that.. but now i am starting to get that "feeling" :-t The Bengals are horrible, and they just gotta stop Cedric.. His numbers have steadily declined.. but a person in my league thinks he will do great and wants to trade.. He said send him a proposal.. I was thinking of offering Marques Colston and Cedric Benson for someone..

Who i could possibly get/go for ?
Blount ?
Steven JAckson ?
Felix Jones?
Mendenhall ?

I dont know. i might be panicking X-I already here is my team:
QB: Aaron Rogers
RB: Darren McFadden
RB: Peyton Hillis
WR: Mike Wallace
WR: Mike Williams (TB)
W/R FLEX: Cedric Benson or Beanie Wells ?
TE - Tony Gonzales
D - San Diego
Bench - Reggie Bush / MArques Colston / Crabtree / Sam Bradford / Steve BReaston
Smackola
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Getting Cold Feet with Cedric Benson.. PLEASE HELP!

Postby GTOon19Z » Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:58 am

Smackola wrote:I got Cedric Benson late round and i was happy with that.. but now i am starting to get that "feeling" :-t The Bengals are horrible, and they just gotta stop Cedric.. His numbers have steadily declined.. but a person in my league thinks he will do great and wants to trade.. He said send him a proposal.. I was thinking of offering Marques Colston and Cedric Benson for someone..

Who i could possibly get/go for ?
Blount ?
Steven JAckson ?
Felix Jones?
Mendenhall ?

I dont know. i might be panicking X-I already here is my team:
QB: Aaron Rogers
RB: Darren McFadden
RB: Peyton Hillis
WR: Mike Wallace
WR: Mike Williams (TB)
W/R FLEX: Cedric Benson or Beanie Wells ?
TE - Tony Gonzales
D - San Diego
Bench - Reggie Bush / MArques Colston / Crabtree / Sam Bradford / Steve BReaston

I also drafted Benson, and in a similar situation: round 12 of 14. Needless to say, there's nowhere to go but up.
Now, I really think you will be using Bush or Wells as your flex play more in the beginning of the season either way, so its hard to tell.
Now, you're not very deep at WR, so trading away Colston and Benson for just a RB may not be the best way to go about it...

I think you should wait to trade him away, as he is definitely getting 20+ touches a game, and is bound to do something with them. I mean, the Bengals and Dalton can't be THAT bad, right? LOL

I'm curious to see what others respond. Good Luck!

Help me out pls!!!

viewtopic.php?t=492079
GTOon19Z
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 18)

Re: Getting Cold Feet with Cedric Benson.. PLEASE HELP!

Postby cope09 » Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:00 am

flat out Bengals suck. And now without their top two WRs and QB, they'll be lucky to win a game this season.
You would have to package a WR and RB to get Mendy, maybe Bush and Colston?
You may be able to get Blount for Benson straight up. I'm not completely sure of the RB situation in TB, but 1000 yds and 6 TDs in 13 starts was a pretty good start for a rookie. So, there's alot of upside in Blount.
I would see if you can trade stright up, Benson for Blount...or, package one of your bench players for Mendy.
cope09
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 26)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions