Analyze Roster for 12 Team League - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

Analyze Roster for 12 Team League

Moderator: Football Moderators

Analyze Roster for 12 Team League

Postby matthewsrr » Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:34 am

Hey all,

I just recently completed a 12 team league draft and I was pick 12. The roster is QB, 3 WR, 2 RB, 1 TE, 1 QB/RB/WR/TE flex, 1 K, and 1 DEF. My team is as follows.

QB - Ben Roethlisberger
Flex - Matthew Stafford
WR - Greg Jennings
WR - Mike Williams (TB)
WR - Kenny Britt
RB - Frank Gore
RB - Beanie Wells
TE - Marcedes Lewis
K - Stephen Gostkowski
DEF - San Diego

Bench:
WR - Plaxico Burress
RB - Daniel Thomas
RB - Tim Hightower
WR - Danny Amendola
QB - Shaun Hill
RB - Rashad Jennings

Settings are 20 passing yds per point (1 bonus at 300 yds and 2 bonus at 400 yds), 6 pts per TD, -2 interceptions, 10 rushing yds per point (1 bonus at 100 and 2 bonus at 200), 10 receiving yards per point (1 bonus at 100, 2 bonus at 200)

Please rate my team and give any suggestions for changes. Thanks!
matthewsrr
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Analyze Roster for 12 Team League

Postby twes » Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:27 pm

I really like your WR depth, I think Jennings will hold up and Wallace will have yet another solid year.

As for RBs, there could be a problem. Ive never been a huge fan of Gore, his production is never stellar. The real concern is with Beanie, Arizona is going to struggle this year. You may want to package one of your WRs and RBs for a top tier RB.

Your leagues flex position and allowing QBs is interesting, I think Stafford will actually have a decent year.

7/10. Help with mine? viewtopic.php?t=492190
2011-2012 Des Moines Fantasy Football League Champion
12-4 overall record.
twes
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Analyze Roster for 12 Team League

Postby schmidty » Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:40 pm

I don't know. So Gore/Jennings were your 1.12/2.01 picks? It seems like a reach for both - especially Jennings, since at this point a guy like Roddy, Calvin, or Hakeem should still be on the board. I had Jennings last year. His final stats were great - but when Finley was playing he was a disappointment. Now that Rodgers has all his weapons back (like Finley and Grant), I wouldn't be surprised to see Jennings disappoint relative to his draft position. Still, you have a good group at WR on your team and this is clearly your strength.

Outside of Gore (who has trouble staying healthy), your RB group isn't great. Wells isn't a great RB2 - yeah, he has the job now. But he's been given the chance before, and rarely did anything with it. On the bench, Thomas looks be in a RBBC with Bush, Hightower plays for Mike Shanahan (enough said), and RJennings is a handcuff (though one that could pay huge dividends, and a later-round pick I really like this year). But you could be in trouble here.

For me, the biggest problem is QB. I don't know if you've played 2-QB leagues before (and with your scoring, you have to approach this as essentially a 2-QB league if you want to compete). Don't get me wrong - Big Ben is right at #8 for me in QB rankings. And Stafford has a lot of scoring upside (and I see you have his injury condition secured with Hill). But in these leagues, having an elite QB is gigantic (even more so with 6 pt passing TDs and generous yardage scoring). In hindsight, I'd like your squad a lot more if you used one of the 1/2 picks for an elite QB (Rodgers and Vick were probably gone, but Brady/Rivers/Brees would be fine). Then you could've used that Roeth pick later for a decent mid-round WR like Harvin or Holmes. In fact, if I draw your position for my own 2 QB league coming up ... I'd go QB-QB to start, and do the best I can with the other positions later. Because that's just dominating in this kind of league.

But don't take that too negative. Your QBs have the upside to work out well, and this team could do well. Just my own response from having played in a number a leagues like this, and trying to give you something constructive to think about.
schmidty
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 22)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Roster Ratings