Keeper: D.Jackson (7th) or D.Bryant (10th) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Keeper: D.Jackson (7th) or D.Bryant (10th)

Moderator: Football Moderators

Keeper: D.Jackson (7th) or D.Bryant (10th)

Postby thetshell » Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:43 am

We are allowed to keep 3 players. Scoring is 15yds per point and 6 point TD's, no PPR. My best options are:

J.Charles - KC (3rd)
M.Forte - Chi (6th)
L.Blount - TB (6th)
D.Jackson - Phl (7th)
D.Bryant - Dal (10th)

The number in the parenthesis is the round I give up the pick to keep them. We are dropping from a 10 team league last year to an 8 team league this year. So there will be more players available in the draft plus the two teams that no longer exist obviously won't have any keepers. Thus I'm expecting a fairly rich list of players early on in the draft. I'm planning on keeping Charles and Forte (unless someone wants to convince me otherwise). While I wouldn't mind keeping a 3rd RB, I think the value for one of the WR's is better. I have Jackson ranked a few spots ahead of Bryant, but keep wavering between the two. Jackson is technically a #1 receiver whereas Bryant is a #2, but both teams have plenty of good WR's to spread the ball to. Would you keep Jackson and give up the higher draft pick? Or go with Bryant for max value but more risk?
thetshell
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Keeper: D.Jackson (7th) or D.Bryant (10th)

Postby m16a » Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:09 am

thetshell,

I agree with your choice to keep Charles and Forte. Two strong RBs to start the team is a great start to any keeper team. With that in mind, Bryant or Jackson is a bit of a toss up player wise. I think in the short term, Jackson is a better play. He'll continue to put up explosive points, with some down games. In the long run, Bryant will probably put up better points. Depends if you're looking towards the future or this year. Overall, I'd probably go Bryant. You're getting a comparable receiver, maybe a bit more consistent, for a better price. Take the value pick, hope he stays healthy, doesn't go TOO prima dona, and continues where he left off before the injury.

Forte
Charles
Bryant.

Good luck out there. ;-D
Props to Deluxe for the sig
There is nothing more frightening than ignorance in action.
- Goethe
m16a

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Re: Keeper: D.Jackson (7th) or D.Bryant (10th)

Postby Chicago 2 » Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:00 pm

I agree with keeping Charles and Forte, those are great values, your not losing much considering where they are being drafted now, 1st and 3rd rounds respectively.

Though I have DeSean Jackson ranked higher than Dez Bryant you should go with the high upside value pick in Bryant.
Chicago 2
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 56)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions