8 Team League - A couple questions - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

8 Team League - A couple questions

Moderator: Football Moderators

8 Team League - A couple questions

Postby Brill » Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:37 pm

This is an 8 team league with standard Yahoo scoring, start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1K, 1DST

I assume the strategy is to stack all-stars since there are only 8 teams - maybe try to snag two elite RB right away? I feel like I can wait for QB because even if I'm the last guy to get a starting QB, I still end up with Romo/Roethlisburger/Shaub - fair assessment?

Here is where it gets tricky - I have pick #4. I have been offered a swap to be pick#1 but in exchange I must give up my 17th for the 21st pick (a third round swap) - doing this would guarantee me AP, an absolute stud. If I don't do this, I'll probably target Rice or CJ (though the contract thing scares me a bit).

Thoughts?
Brill
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 8 Team League - A couple questions

Postby B3N1ZJAM1N » Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:48 pm

I prolly wouldn't do that this year simply because the difference between AP and rice isn't too much. I love Rice this year so I would be excited to get him with the 4th pick. As you said with 8 team leagues most teams are just stacked, so the difference between those top 4 guys isn't going to hurt you, it's the middle picks and I would include your 3rd that will determine winners. Stay put
B3N1ZJAM1N
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Brill » Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:57 pm

Thanks.

I'm scared the guy with #3 will get Rice. If he does, do I go CJ or Charles? I'm even tempted to reach for Vick just because of the fact that there are only 8 teams, and if he freaks out this year he could win the league for me
Brill
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby soon179 » Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:07 pm

keep the place your in.Your still in the position to draft a great team.Go RB then RB Stay away from vick over Rice,Cj,or Charles.Lots of good QBS in a stadarded 8 man .Your Romo/Roethlisburger/Shaub assessment sounds right.
soon179
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Fancycash34 » Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:17 pm

I agree, gotta go RB, RB or maybe one of the elite WR's if to many RB's go off the board. Don't draft a QB with either of your first two picks. For RB's I like AP - Foster as my 1-2 punch...after that CJ2K does scare me, are you a gambler?...Charles - MJD - Rice
Fancycash34
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 7)

Postby B3N1ZJAM1N » Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:12 pm

Don't touch Vick then, definitely go RB/RB or RB/WR...just depends on how the draft goes. I wait on QB's until pretty late anyways but with 8 team leagues you can wait even longer...I guarantee that you will get a very good QB later because there are plenty of QB's and only 8 people drafting. So if everyone took a QB in the 1st but you, obviously that won't happen but lets be hypothetical, then you will be "stuck" with a schaub or Big Ben caliber QB and at the same time you can stack up on RBs and/or WR's.
B3N1ZJAM1N
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions