$$$ 12 Team PPR $$$ - 3rd pick. WHIR! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

$$$ 12 Team PPR $$$ - 3rd pick. WHIR!

Moderator: Football Moderators

$$$ 12 Team PPR $$$ - 3rd pick. WHIR!

Postby liono123 » Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:02 am

Drafting out of the 3 slot. QBs went quite early. I was aiming for Freeman (5th) and he was snatched from me, as was Eli (in the 6th). Let me know what you think, and leave a link so I can rate yours. I drafted two TEs because one is mandatory and you can start two with the flex.

We start QB, RB, RB, RB/WR, WR, WR, WR/TE, TE, D/ST, K.

QB: Matthew Stafford
RB: Ray Rice
RB: Frank Gore
RB/WR: Mark Ingram
WR: Mike Wallace
WR: Steve Johnson
WR/TE: Chad Ochocinco
TE: Jimmy Graham
D/ST: Patriots
K: Ryan Longwell

Backups:
QB: Colt McCoy, Vince Young
RB: Darren Sproles, Ricky Williams, Deione Carter
WR: Kenny Britt
TE: Rob Gronkowski
12 Team $ (PPR + Return Yardage):
    QB: Tom Brady, Andy Dalton
    RB: Charles, Lynch, Martin, Stewart, DeAngelo Williams, Rashad jennings, Joe McKnight, Leon Washington
    WR/TE: Antonio Brown, Brandon Lloyd, Randall Cobb, Ted Ginn
    K: Bryant
    DST: Bills
liono123
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: $$$ 12 Team PPR $$$ - 3rd pick. WHIR!

Postby falcons7713 » Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:32 am

I like your team. Staffords gonna have a big year, ur deep at rb, idk about mark ingram because you never really know the rb situation in NO. Ocho will most likely be revitalized by brady and wallace is always pretty good, you might wanna get a better backup qb since stafford is a little injury prone. solid team not too deep though with the bench
falcons7713
Monday Morning Quarterback

Postby schmidty » Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:41 am

Yeah, I agree with most of the points raised by falcons7713. Solid squad, with no bad picks that I can tell. Rice/Gore is a fantastic way to start a PPR draft. I hear you about trouble with QBs - I picked from the 3 spot myself in a recent 12-team PPR redraft. It's hard to nail those value picks at the turn without reaching for a guy. But if healthy (unfortunately that's big "if" though) Stafford could far exceed his ADP.

Anyway, Ingram worries me - the talent's there, but I'm afraid to take him at his ADP because of Sproles and PT. Your WRs are excellent (and since you'll want to start at least 3 of them, that's a big point). And Britt is a great WR4. Depth at RB and QB is a concern. I'm fine with 2 TEs for now - both are breakout candidates, and you can wait to see which one it is. If it's both you have great trade bait.

Anyway, once again this looks like a solid team. I get the sense that the league is competitive - with no idiots that let you get away with 3 or 4 1st round-worthy guys (like a few teams in this forum have). And I get the sense that you're on top of the strategy needed, and probably put together about as good a team as you could (when everyone is good in a 12-team league, no team will be perfect). Good luck
schmidty
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 22)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby liono123 » Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:03 pm

falcons7713 wrote:I like your team. Staffords gonna have a big year, ur deep at rb, idk about mark ingram because you never really know the rb situation in NO. Ocho will most likely be revitalized by brady and wallace is always pretty good, you might wanna get a better backup qb since stafford is a little injury prone. solid team not too deep though with the bench

Thanks for the response. I can drop McCoy or Vince Young for one of the following QBs on waivers:

Tarvaris Jackson, Alex Smith, Matt Hasselbeck, Chad Henne, John Beck, Rex Grossman, Tim Tebow, Kerry Collins.

No one else on waivers is even close to sniffing a starting job. Are any of them an upgrade? McCoy is an up and comer that's looked good in preaseason action and I really believe Vick will get hurt this year. VY should be able to do well in that situation with the weapons in Philly.
    RB: Charles, Lynch, Martin, Stewart, DeAngelo Williams, Rashad jennings, Joe McKnight, Leon Washington
liono123
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby liono123 » Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:08 pm

schmidty wrote:Yeah, I agree with most of the points raised by falcons7713. Solid squad, with no bad picks that I can tell. Rice/Gore is a fantastic way to start a PPR draft. I hear you about trouble with QBs - I picked from the 3 spot myself in a recent 12-team PPR redraft. It's hard to nail those value picks at the turn without reaching for a guy. But if healthy (unfortunately that's big "if" though) Stafford could far exceed his ADP.

Anyway, Ingram worries me - the talent's there, but I'm afraid to take him at his ADP because of Sproles and PT. Your WRs are excellent (and since you'll want to start at least 3 of them, that's a big point). And Britt is a great WR4. Depth at RB and QB is a concern. I'm fine with 2 TEs for now - both are breakout candidates, and you can wait to see which one it is. If it's both you have great trade bait.

Anyway, once again this looks like a solid team. I get the sense that the league is competitive - with no idiots that let you get away with 3 or 4 1st round-worthy guys (like a few teams in this forum have). And I get the sense that you're on top of the strategy needed, and probably put together about as good a team as you could (when everyone is good in a 12-team league, no team will be perfect). Good luck

Thanks for the analysis. I took Ingram at 5.03. To give you an idea of who else was available, here's the 5th round summary:

(49) Team 1- Wes Welker WR
(50) Team 2 - Ryan Grant RB
** (51) Team 3 - Mark Ingram RB
(52) Team 4 - Ben Roethlisberger QB
(53) Team 5 - Ryan Mathews RB
(54) Team 6 - Beanie Wells RB
(55) Team 7 - Daniel Thomas RB
(56) Team 8 - Marques Colston WR
(57) Team 9 - Peyton Manning QB
(58) Team 10 - Pierre Thomas RB
(59) Team 11 - Percy Harvin WR
(60) Team 12 - Jeremy Maclin WR

I liked Ingram more than Mathews, who I feel will be a huge bust with Tolbert taking the goal line work. Wells was considered, but I like the NO offense more, leading to more goal line TDs. I could have taken Manning, as the 5th round is great value for him, but I didn't want to be the guy pulling the trigger on him with the neck injury being such an unknown factor. If I had the pick back, I probably would have taken Roethlisberger here and gone for a backup RB in the 8th instead. I took Stafford in the 8th, and could have probably gotten Addai or Reggie Bush there. Still, you can't predict how these things work out.
liono123
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby itsspd » Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:22 pm

in that position ingram is probably the best pick, although i would've went with beanie myself... scared of sean payton's backfields. no viable qb's on the ww, maybe package one of your backup rb's and mccoy for someone else's backup qb, sam bradford perhaps? if kenny britt is suspended you'll be paper thin at wr for your league settings.

your team actually looks a lot like mine, i guess we draft alike!
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=492422
itsspd
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby liono123 » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:16 pm

Is it worth dropping Young for one of these WRs?

Roscoe Parrish, Kevin Walter, Jordan Shipley, Earl Bennett, Nate Washington, Mohammed Massoquoi, Donnie Avery, Brandon Tate, Danario Alexander, Michael Jenkins

Ugh, what horrible options.
liono123
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby liono123 » Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:00 am

Update on my roster. I dropped Vince Young and Delone Carter to pick up Antonio Brown and Derrick Ward. I love Carter as a sleeper pick, but I feel like those other two players are in a better situation to contribute actual depth to my roster, which sorely needs it.
liono123
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Return to Roster Ratings