Most accurate FFBall Experts - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Most accurate FFBall Experts

Moderator: Football Moderators

Most accurate FFBall Experts

Postby crimedoctor » Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:43 am

Looking for the best source of advice for a TOUGH keeper question, I sat patiently on hold to ask the question on a live Sirius-XM Radio program. The time finally ran out and I never got on. Like everybody else, my time is important, ....so I dug up this NY Times article that used a ranking system to grade the top FFBall Experts-link:

http://fifthdown.blogs.nytimes.com/2010 ... l-experts/

Bottom line, ....this is how they ranked 'em:

Andy Behrens – Yahoo Sports
Pat Fitzmaurice – Pro Football Weekly
Brandon Funston – Yahoo Sports
Gregg Rosenthal – Rotoworld
David Dodds – FootballGuys

And now my question: 14-team league, 0.5 points per reception. Play 2 RB, 2 WR, and 1 Flex RB/WR. All 1st and 2nd round picks from 2010 go back into the pond, among your remaining players, you can keep as many as four. I WILL keep four--and surrender my 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th draft picks. The only question is, .....which 4 of these SIX should I keep, and which 2 should I throw back? Keep in mind, there is NO contract, I can keep the same players in 2012, 2013, ....forever if I wish.

Hakeem Nicks-Behrens rank=16th
Ahmad Bradshaw-Behrens rank=28th
Mike Williams-Behrens rank=37th
LaGarrett Blount-Behrens rank=39th
Peyton Hillis-Behrens rank=40th
Felix Jones-Behrens rank=42nd

Andy Behrens and others at Yahoo! list their Top 100: http://sports.yahoo.com/fantasy/nfl/new ... e11-top100

Okay, ....I am well aware that Nicks is a slam dunk. Otherwise, this is a migraine waiting to happen. I have until next Monday night to decide,....then on September 3rd, I get to pick 1.9 and 2.6 (9th and 20th picks). Please respond and I will assist with your nightmare decision.
crimedoctor
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Most accurate FFBall Experts

Postby ezenbrowntown » Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:18 pm

Nicks
Williams
Blount
Jones
ezenbrowntown
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby crimedoctor » Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:06 am

Thanks Ezenbrown. How about a few more votes.

Put more simply, I'll keep Hicks, .....KEEP 3 more, and DUMP 2:

Mike Williams (TB)
Hillis
Bradshaw
Felix Jones
Blount

0.5 points per reception, play RB, RB, WR, WR, RB/WR flex.
crimedoctor
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby JackedSierra » Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:49 am

i would wipe away williams, and then its down to 3 outve 4.. i think felix is top of that list, now that he is the man in dallas. the rest im not sure.. i like hillis , he catches everything but defenses found a way to stop him at end of season. but i think he has the highest upside . then its a toss up between blount and bradshaw, and i like the proven guy over the 1 year wonder. so keep felix, hillis and bradshaw

and then you can go wr wr with your 1st 2 picks
1 point ppr
stafford, henne
best, deangelo, mccoy, benson, starks
fitzgerald, d-jax, jordy nelson, harvin, hester
gates, gonzalez
rackers
baltimore
JackedSierra
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby bungle613 » Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:23 pm

Nicks as you say is a no brainer.

I assume you have an odd system where you will pick in a 1st and 2nd rounder THEN skip rounds 3-6, rather odd but ok. If I am wrong, please correct me.

Since you can draft an AD, Rice, AJ or Mega more than likely with your first 2 picks you are essentially only filling probably your RB2, WR2 and flex slots or maybe from your potential keepers list your RB2 and flex spot as you should fill RB1 and WR1 in the draft.

So, to me you have to go upside. I keep

Nicks
Jones
Williams
Blount

We know what Bradshaw will do and I don't buy Hillis at all. Blount is the tricky part, could be a one year wonder but maybe he isn't.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby crimedoctor » Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:13 pm

Thanks everybody. Bungle provided particularly helpful insights. Yes, it is an odd system. I had to throw back my 1st and 2nd rounders from 2010, .....Rice and Wayne. And now, among the twenty-eight 1st and 2nd rounders, ....plus the incoming rookies, I will pick 1.9. With the likes of Foster, Vick, McCoy, Roddy, McFadden, etc. qualifying as keepers for other teams, ....I'm likely looking at either Mendenhall, MJD, A. Johnson, or Megatron. With 6 pts per TD pass, I would consider Aaron Rodgers, ....but this league's owners are coo-coo for QB's, ....A Rodg WILL be gone.

When I pick 2.6 (20th pick), I'm likely looking at Fitzgerald, Jennings, Austin, Gore, S-Jax, or Shone Green. Phillip Rivers is a possibility, but the QB coo-coo's will probably already have him.

My keepers will be Nicks, Jones, Williams (you can't simply ditch a long term keeper who has the most rookie yards receiving, ....since Randy Moss), .....and then the tough decision Hillis/Bradshaw/Blount.

For a variety of reasons, .....I will probably go with the upside from Hillis (by upside, I mean 85-95% of his 2010 production-that's all I need!), ....rather than the upside from Blount, .....or what we can all expect to see from Bradshaw in the G-man 2-BACK attack.
crimedoctor
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby rmsanger » Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:32 pm

I would throw out Felix & Williams... Would also look at targeting A Johnson with your first rounder, that should give you a nice looking lineup! If you threw back Blount could you opt to still pick in the 2nd round (e.g. do you have to give up your 2nd)?
rmsanger
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 12)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions