new league 1st time keeper commish - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

new league 1st time keeper commish

Moderator: Football Moderators

new league 1st time keeper commish

Postby rico13gt » Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:27 pm

Hey everyone,
My buddies and I who have all played fantasy for years have finally decided to get a keeper league going. The problem is we got the idea and enough people to late to do it in time for this year. But since this is the time of year everyone has ffb on the mind i figured i would get the league up and running. I have the rules, money, and keeper rules done. i sent them along to some of the guys who are going to be in the league and they all like them. My question is what site should i use to run this league?? i dont want to pay to much money each year since this isnt going to be a real high stakes league ($100-$150 per team). Does anyone have any good suggestions? Looking for something under $100. thanks in advance guys.
rico13gt
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Re: new league 1st time keeper commish

Postby bigmck » Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:33 pm

ESPN is free and they support Keeper Leagues. All of your players from this year will remain on the rosters until next year at this time. There will be a place you can check for your keepres and the other players are deleted from the teams and put back into the player pool for the draft. No muss, no fuss.
bigmck
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Cleokatrah » Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:36 pm

I only use FleaFlicker for my leagues. It is free, and overall the site is less cluttered. It has the the most customization than any other host and if you anticipate a half online, half live draft, you almost have to use it. I don't know if any other host supports that.

On the downside, there is no android app yet, though the site functions fully in mobile browsers.

Yahoo has both android and iphone apps, a bit less customization, but imo is surrounded by too many fluffy news and articles. Plus, there are a LOT of people who like using yahoo as practice drafts. The quit rate is rather high. If you intend on having more than one online league and want to keep them all in one place, then I wouldn't recommend yahoo.

The only time I used ESPN I was disappointed in it, but that was 6 years ago.

If you are looking for a host that combines holding your league's money plus hosting, I know they exist but I have no experience with them. You should be able to find a couple by perusing other 'what host' threads.
Cleokatrah
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Bobbleheadrusty » Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:18 am

I like myfantasyleague. Its relatively cheap (I think we pay 60/year) and its the most customizable league we have found.
Bobbleheadrusty
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby rico13gt » Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:20 am

thanks for the help guys...i will check into all of these...i have used espn in the past and i want something a little more hands on...
rico13gt
Monday Morning Quarterback

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:28 am

Bobbleheadrusty wrote:I like myfantasyleague. Its relatively cheap (I think we pay 60/year) and its the most customizable league we have found.

this is the best assuming you dont mind paying $60

cant speak for fleaflicker but i've heard good things about it
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Return to Commissioner's Corner