LaRon Landry or Eric Berry??? WHIR!! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to IDP

LaRon Landry or Eric Berry??? WHIR!!

LaRon Landry or Eric Berry??? WHIR!!

Postby TheGhost » Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:38 pm

Just wondering which safety you prefer this year in an IDP league... Landry or Berry? If you prefer one, why? Thanks!! whir ;-D
TheGhost
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 21)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: LaRon Landry or Eric Berry??? WHIR!!

Postby 204BC » Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:39 pm

Berry. If you look at Landry's stats for his first four years he's been rather consistent with last year and '09 being about the same. Very good player and I would be happy to have him as one of my IDP's. However Berry was a rookie last season and still outperformed Landry in every category (tackles, sacks, INT's and passes defensed) even though Landry just had one of his best seasons so far. Berry should be even better this year.
204BC
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby TheGhost » Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:58 pm

204BC wrote:Berry. If you look at Landry's stats for his first four years he's been rather consistent with last year and '09 being about the same. Very good player and I would be happy to have him as one of my IDP's. However Berry was a rookie last season and still outperformed Landry in every category (tackles, sacks, INT's and passes defensed) even though Landry just had one of his best seasons so far. Berry should be even better this year.

Thanks and I tend to agree. I heard that Landry got moved to SS from FS and that he was a beast in tackles, etc. The he got hurt. Berry started off slow and then picked it up at the end of last year. I think Berry is special and just role with him. Was just curious if Landry was the better fantasy player (while Berry being the better real player). Thanks again!
TheGhost
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 21)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby 11stever11 » Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:59 pm

I prefer Berry but they are both Top 5 DBs this year. I think Berry will build on his rookie season even more.
help me please?
viewtopic.php?f=341&t=493107
Thanks Franchise Fan for the sig!
11stever11

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 86)

Postby SirGrotius » Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:08 pm

After Patrick WIllis, I'd say Eric Berry is the #1 IDP commodity out there. LaRon Landry is a proven stud but lacks the upside and gets himself into injury issues here & there.

viewtopic.php?t=493144
10 rushing yards - 1 pt
10 receiving yards - 1 pt
20 passing yards - 1 pt
All TDs - 6 pts (QBs favored)
SirGrotius
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 2)

Postby latsprewell20002000 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:59 pm

SirGrotius wrote:After Patrick WIllis, I'd say Eric Berry is the #1 IDP commodity out there. LaRon Landry is a proven stud but lacks the upside and gets himself into injury issues here & there.

viewtopic.php?t=493144

I could not have said it any better myself!
latsprewell20002000
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Ceriana » Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:40 pm

SirGrotius wrote:After Patrick WIllis, I'd say Eric Berry is the #1 IDP commodity out there. LaRon Landry is a proven stud but lacks the upside and gets himself into injury issues here & there.

viewtopic.php?t=493144

First of all it depends on what the league setup is. If Willis is #1 then it's a tackle heavy IDP system and thus there is no way ANY DB could possibly be the #2 OVERALL defensive player, certainly not Eric Berry!

Secondly...

204BC wrote:Berry. If you look at Landry's stats for his first four years he's been rather consistent with last year and '09 being about the same. Very good player and I would be happy to have him as one of my IDP's. However Berry was a rookie last season and still outperformed Landry in every category (tackles, sacks, INT's and passes defensed) even though Landry just had one of his best seasons so far. Berry should be even better this year.

Do you have any clue that Landry got hurt and didn't even play a full 9 games?

Landry was a freaking MONSTER last year prior to his injury. 66 Solos 19 Assists in 8 and 1/2 games... Think about if he kept that pace going through 16 games, he would
have actually have a chance to out preform the top LB, which BTW wasn't even Willis, it was Mayo. (I'm not sure why FF drones can't comprehend Willis not being the #1 LB, he has been #1 only ONCE in his four year career, which was his rookie year). Landry's pace was insane and hasn't been seen since Rodney Harrison back in the late 90's / early 2000's.

This certainly is better then a 77 solo preformance out of Berry. Even if he is a rookie. It's not like he didn't start the season as a starter and had those numbers after only starting 10 games or something... If he improves, your looking at 5-10 solo's more, tops.

Now, obviously Landry is probably sitting at like 80% and iffy to start the season, so Berry might be the better, safer pick but certainly not because Landry doesn't offer upside (He's 27) or isn't as good or completely false statements like he moved to FS. He was moved to SS...

I'd still draft, Branch, Bell or Chung over Berry (who is ranked #4 on my sheet, just ahead of Landry simply because of his injury status). Otherwise Landry would be the easy #1.

I just don't understand casual IDP leaguers...
Ceriana
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby GoodOl'Days » Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:00 pm

They are equal except for team scenario. Berry is in a more stable place and on a better defense. He's definitely the better pick.
GoodOl'Days
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Basketball

Return to IDP