My first draft. Your opinions? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

My first draft. Your opinions?

Moderator: Football Moderators

My first draft. Your opinions?

Postby medwa » Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:02 pm

Hey folks. This is my first post here at Fantasy Cafe, as well as my first year in Fantasy Football. The season hasn't even started yet and i'm already having a blast. I'm part of a 10 team, head-to-head league. In my first draft I was the last pick which kind of threw me off a bit. I think my roster could be worse, but I'd like some opinions from more seasoned players.

QB - Ben Roethlisberger
RB - Rashard Mendenhall
RB - Michael Turner
RB/WR - BenJarvus Green-Ellis
WR - Reggie Wayne
WR - Miles Austin
TE - Brandon Pettigrew
D/ST - NE Patriots
K - Alex Henery

BN - QB Jay Cutler
BN - RB Tim Hightower
BN - RB Ryan Mathews
BN - WR Julio Jones
BN - WR Sidney Rice
BN - TE Aaron Hernandez
BN - K Matt Bryant
medwa Beginner
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Re: My first draft. Your opinions?

Postby LMack » Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:27 pm

Welcome to the Cafe!

Overall I feel your roster will be competitive.

You have a couple question marks around your players that I think should be pointed out.

First and foremost is the potential decline of Michael Turner. Turner has been worked very heavily throughout his career and is entering his year 29 season. If Turner can remain healthy, he will be a very solid RB2. The Falcons are possibly moving towards a more passing heavy attack, which hopefully will keep Turner fresh.

Reggie Wayne also worries me a bit, not because of him but because of Peyton Manning. Hopefully Manning does not miss much time, as Wayne is one of his favorite targets.

BenJarvus Green-Ellis will likely have to split time in a crowded New England backfield. However, Ryan Mathews and Tim Hightower could both perform as flex plays if BJGE falters.

I only highlighted those particular players as minor critiques. Like I said before, you are solid across the board.

Good luck ;-D
LMack
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 32)

Postby medwa » Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:21 am

Thanks, LMack, for your insight. I really do appreciate it.

I see where you're coming from on Michael Turner. But here's to hoping that he has another great season. If not, I have Hightower to supplement. And Manning was taken off of the Unable to Perform list today, so thats good news for me and Reggie Wayne :D
medwa Beginner
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby LMack » Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:46 am

medwa wrote:Thanks, LMack, for your insight. I really do appreciate it.

I see where you're coming from on Michael Turner. But here's to hoping that he has another great season. If not, I have Hightower to supplement. And Manning was taken off of the Unable to Perform list today, so thats good news for me and Reggie Wayne :D

I think people can be too quick to start spreading fear when it comes to Michael Turner. Turner did look a little slower towards the end of the year last year, but he still managed to finish as the 8th best running back in standard scoring fantasy football leagues. If Michael Turner falls off this year, it will most likely be towards the end of the year, after he's already gotten you in to the playoffs ;-D
LMack
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 32)

Postby medwa » Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:51 am

After considering what you said about BJGE, I have been thinking about offering him as a trade for Felix Jones, who I think is a sleeper for this season. I just hate to start a question mark RB. Your thoughts?
medwa Beginner
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Return to Roster Ratings