10-team league freshly drafted! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

10-team league freshly drafted!

Moderator: Football Moderators

10-team league freshly drafted!

Postby Weasel_King » Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:16 pm

Just drafted in a 10-team leauge, let me know how you think it turned out.

QB: Matt Ryan
RB: Ray Rice
RB: LeGarrette Blount
WR: Calvin Johnson
WR: Miles Austin
TE: Antonio Gates
DST: Eagles
K: Sebastian Janikowski
Bench
QB: Josh Freeman
QB: Mathew Stafford
RB: Felix Jones
RB: Joseph Addai
WR: Steve Smith
WR: A.J. Green
Last edited by Weasel_King on Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Weasel_King
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Pick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 18)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: 10-team league freshly drafted!

Postby jay0582 » Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:53 pm

Weasel_King wrote:Just drafted in a 10-team leauge, let me know how you think it turned out.

QB: Matt Ryan
RB: Ray Rice
RB: LeGarrette Blount
WR: Calvin Johnson
WR: Miles Austin
TE: Antonio Gates
DST: Eagles
K: Sebastian Janikowski
Bench
QB: Josh Freeman
QB: Mathew Stafford
RB: Felix Jones
RB: Joseph Addai
RB: Ricky Williams
WR: Steve Smith
WR: Jacoby Ford

I dont mind the qb situation here at all, i think ryan gets better every year, and freeman if he has a good year too you can trade one of them if you need to later in the year...i like blount a lot in non ppr leagues, so starting rbs look really nice, high ceiling with felix jones, and joseph addai is a good 4th rb, wr's are obviously great, 3rd receiver being smith is also very nice for a bench player, and gates enough said, very good squad overall not much needs to change, and i really like felix jones as the third rb
jay0582
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 2)

Postby mjver21 » Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:31 pm

You have some definite upside on RB with Blount, Jones and Addai as backups. The one area I think your team may need help in is at WR. Your starters are great, but it's hard to tell what your backups will do. I'm assuming the steve smith on your team is the one from Carolina. He's been trailing off for a while due to injuries and it might be hard to rely on him if one of your starters can't play. Other than that, your team looks pretty good.
mjver21
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby speeds102 » Sun Aug 28, 2011 3:41 pm

Solid team. Freeman will make a great backup to Ryan. Not sure on Blount, as I think he has some risk, but high upside. Smith as a 3rd WR is a great bet. I'd look to see if Lee Evans is available as well. He fell to me in the final round on two of my drafts. Nice drafting!
speeds102
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby DrEricFautstein » Sun Aug 28, 2011 3:50 pm

I like your team a lot, similar to mine, but Calvinn johnson was picked, so I went with Larry Ftzgerald. But Honestly, with Austin and Calvin you should be good to go just about every week with those two at WWR. You can never have enough good runningbacks, but your top 3 look pretty good. If they pan out, I think you'll be in for a good season! I think Matt Ryan is in for a big year with the addition of Julio Jones. It was clear with that trade, The Falcons are making a superbowl run, or trying to. Big year for Matt Ryan me-thinks. Can't argue with Gates at TE, he is a beast.

please let me know what you thought of my 12 team draft, thanks!

viewtopic.php?t=492910
Ryan/Flacco - Rice/Peterson - V.Cruz, St.Johnson, Den.Moore, Mike (TB) - Hernandez/Rudolph
DrEricFautstein
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby patsavestheday » Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:01 pm

Very solid squad here. Your starting RBs and WRs are great along with the best TE. I would recommend moving one of the QBs a few weeks into the season once they have a big game and upgrade your WR depth. I'd move Ryan personally. I like upside of Freeman/Stafford. You'll need a health backup for byes or in case a starter gets hurt and Steve Smith isn't reliable healthwise. Thanks for the help on mine too :)
patsavestheday
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Weasel_King » Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:41 pm

Thanks for the responses, I'm a little worried about my WR depth as well. However, for some reason A.J. Green was just dropped in the leauge and I currently have the #1 waiver claim (will be #12 next week, so might as well use it). Who do you think I should drop to pick him up? Was leaning towards dropping Ricky Williams for him.
Weasel_King
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Pick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 18)

Return to Roster Ratings