10 team PPR, please rate my team! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

10 team PPR, please rate my team!

Moderator: Football Moderators

10 team PPR, please rate my team!

Postby Yannick8 » Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:39 pm

Hi guys! My first post here. This is my second year in fantasy football and i would appreciate some opinions on my team and on what i should do going forward this season!
It's a 10 team league, PPR,
2QB, 3WR, 2RB, 1TE, 1K, 2DEF, 8BN.

QB: T. Romo
QB: M. Cassel
WR: V. Jackson
WR: D. Bowe
WR: M. Colston
RB: C. Johnson
RB: M. Jones-Drew
TE: A. Gates
K: D. Carpenter
DEF: Chicago
DEF: Arizona

BN: T. Jackson (QB)
BN: J. Beck (QB)
BN: A.J. Green (WR)
BN: T. Owens (WR)
BN: J. Best (RB)
BN: J. Stewart (RB)
BN: J. Gresham (TE)
BN: Houston

What do you guys think?
Yannick8
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: 10 team PPR, please rate my team!

Postby LMack » Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:08 pm

Welcome to the Cafe!

The first thing that stuck out to me was the risk factor involved with many of your RBs. Chris Johnson may be missing regular season time due to contract issues. Maurice Jones-Drew is coming off of knee surgery. Jahvid Best had a very injury plagued college career and was held back by turf toes last year.

With that being said, those three backs all have crazy upside. They are some of the most talented RBs in the league, and if they play significant time they will be amongst the top scorers in all of fantasy.

Your wide receivers are solid, but they do come with some caveats. VJax won't net a high amount of receptions due to the fact that Phillip Rivers likes to spread the ball around. Dwayne Bowe's 2011 schedule is much tougher than last years, so some TD regression has to be expected. Colston has a wonky knee, but when healthy Brees likes to get him the ball.

Antonio Gates is the top tight end in football. His lingering injuries will slow him down eventually, but I don't think this is the year. Tony Romo is a borderline elite QB and has plenty of weapons around him.

All in all a solid team. You have a bit of risk, but it is impossible to not have any risk in fantasy football. You should be competitive. Good luck ;-D
LMack
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 32)
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Roster Ratings