Want All Opinions (NFL) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Want All Opinions (NFL)

Moderator: Football Moderators

Want All Opinions (NFL)

Postby seven426 » Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:04 pm

I am in a fantasy football league that has a "keeper option." I can keep up to 3 players with a restriction that 2 players cannot be kept for the same position. I have the possibility to keep one of two runningbacks. Either (Buf)Fred Jackson or (Ind) Joseph Addai. Either player I choose would be counted as my 7th round draft pick. Who should I keep? Or should I even keep either?

I also I have the option to keep wide receiver (NYG) Mario Manningham. So if I were to try and protect him that would also be a 7th round pick, that is if I choose not to keep either runningback that I have available. If I decide to keep Manningham and one of the runningbacks it would cost me my 6th and 7th round draft picks. So.....should I also keep Manningham? Should I keep and/or a combination of these players. I appreciate anyone taking the time to read and especially reply to this query.
seven426
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Want All Opinions (NFL)

Postby bungle613 » Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:44 am

I would keep Jackson and Manningham (without knowing your other options) Both are worth 6th and 7th round picks imo.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby seven426 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:57 pm

Thanks, that was my initial thought too. I figure Addai, being old and on a pass happy team, wasn't a viable option to keep. Those are my only options as keepers really, nobody else worth keeping at rounds above 6. I planned to keep Jackson, just wasn't sure what I would do with Manningham. But I agree with your thoughts. Thanks again.
seven426
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Dolfan19 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:03 pm

I agree, manningham should have a good year now that smith is gone.
Dolfan19
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 53)

Postby seven426 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:20 pm

Yeah I was disappointed with Manningham's output last year, but there are a lot of variables that lead me to think he'll have much bigger numbers this year. Smith stole a lot of targets, also Hixon had a few big games where he probably stole some balls too. Hixon has fallen way down the depth chart this year. Barring a total bust by the NYG's then he should easily put up 5th round draft numbers, maybe higher.
seven426
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby mtlenway » Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:03 pm

First of it would really depend on the size of your league, if you are in a 12 team or more league I would strongly consider keeping Manningham and maybe FJack. If you are in an 8 or 10 league I would top both (maybe consider keeping Manningham in a 10 team league). Either way I would drop FJack as there is a very good chance he would still be there in the 6th and 7th round if nothing better is available.
mtlenway
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 2)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions